Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
boneheed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey,

Can anyone point me in the direction of tips for keeping reputation low(ish)?

I'm about to run an evil party for the first time so I figure that rep needs to hover around the 12 mark. This would stop the b!tching from my party, but much lower than this and I think things will start getting tricky around the locals.

Obviously, Slayer change is an option, but only from about halfway though and I imagine slaughtering the odd peasant isn't really a workable tactic...

many thanks
boneheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
mad=dog

I have the same ordeals. It's fairly hard. In BG1 you got a good severe rep loss from killing Drizzt in BG2 you get nothing. You can clear the Radiant Knights stronghold without loosing a single point (where is that cup btw?) and so on. Mindless slaughter brings you nowhere.
Alas you can find places with a limited amount of adversaries near a temple (to avoid disaster) so you can chip off rep. There is a place at the docks just right of the temple of Oghma.
Also getting beer for the local kids in Imnesvale should work, but might get you in problems. And you can claim the ransom for Elgea and get a -2 to rep.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
Deathsangel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wait for the Mod for the Wicked
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Killing of random peasants is probably your best bet to keep it low. You shouldn't get it too low, though, or else you'll have everyone attacking you.

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:
(where is that cup btw?)
You mean Anarg's cup? It's with what's-his-face. (The guy who gave you the quest. Sorry, his name escapes me.)
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:34 AM   #5
mad=dog

Okay I did know that. But if you do the wicked thing and actually storm the temple and kill the lot as commanded you won't be able to recover the cup. This means the only possible outcome of the quest is lawful good.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 AM   #6
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

kill innocents if that isnt possible when given the optin never be charitable. if you loose to much rept make a trip to the church
Old 04-19-2005, 05:42 AM   #7
boneheed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks guys - guess it'll be a challenge then, but that's what makes it fun, eh?
boneheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:
Okay I did know that. But if you do the wicked thing and actually storm the temple and kill the lot as commanded you won't be able to recover the cup. This means the only possible outcome of the quest is lawful good.
Well, that would make sense, since it's the starter quest for the Paladin Stronghold.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #9
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

ha ha, i guess it would make sense, they woulnt want you in thir order if you killed them all, wait, how could they care if you were in thir order, they would be dead!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:17 AM   #10
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Consider the Virtue mod - it might be just what you're looking for. Performing evil deeds lowers your virtue, yet if there were no witnesses then your reputation won't move. Your party also uses your virtue and not your reputation to decide whether to complain or not. This means that you can be thoroughly evil but if you're smart you can hide that side from the locals so no problems there either.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote