Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I was in the bedroom looking for something when I noticed something bring and flashing through the curtains. I opened them and there was a guy breathing fire outside! There's a small park behind the building and they're practising... That guy was breathing fire, and some other person had firey balls on ropes and was spinning them around.

We moved into this student flat at the end of the summer, and this place is so much fun! It's like a normal apartment building except that we have a guy who juggles through the park riding a unicycle and now also fire-breathers! Too bad I couldn't take any pictures (stupid bateries were out).

[ 12-12-2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 12-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Lol! It's a regular circus there! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
I was in the bedroom looking for something when I noticed something bring and flashing through the curtains. I opened them and there was a guy breathing fire outside! There's a small park behind the building and they're practising... That guy was breathing fire, and some other person had firey balls on ropes and was spinning them around.
I have a friend who spins fire... It's relatively difficult to do, and obviously dangerous, but it's absolutely breathtaking to see it up close. I'd love to be able to do that someday.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Dude...I have to admit that when I first read your post, I thought you were on something...but then I read the rest, and realized what was going on. That's really cool! I wish my hallmates could do that!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

A guy who works with me can do it, he had a small show last summer... at work. Wouldn't be so unusual until you think about the fact I work in a GAS STATION!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well he did it of course pretty far away from the pumps and all... was pretty cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Firy balls ?
Old 12-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Yea, umm, he had fire at the end of the ropes, or chains, or whatever he had. I'm guessing they were some kind of balls that he set on fire. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And then he was spinning them around him, and above his head. It looked very pretty! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Johhny those are the dangerous ones. Sounds like a fun place.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:20 AM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Yea, umm, he had fire at the end of the ropes, or chains, or whatever he had. I'm guessing they were some kind of balls that he set on fire. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And then he was spinning them around him, and above his head. It looked very pretty! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Poi, they're called. They're little more than cloth on chains, which you soak in fuel and ignite.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #10
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Bah!
All you do is get some citronella oil, take a mouth-full and spit it out, it’s easy really, I’ve done it a bit, your mouth will taste like oil afterwards, but that's all part of the fun.

DO NOT use metho or gasoline however.

Actually, be careful with this, it isn't excessively dangerous, but you know... be sensible, don't do it "at" people, or inside etc, but it is pretty easy to do, you do have to kind of spray the oil, that is press your lips together and make a fine mist of it, don't do it in one big stream, otherwise it won't light well.

So just make the mist, and hold a match/lighter in it, and it'll go great.

Or perhaps if you are sensible you won't listen to me.

More on topic...
I’d like to live there