Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Didn't know where to put this, so I chose GD.
Is anyone else out there a chronic restarter of games? I may only finish 60% of the games I buy,, I'm always building a party/character.. going to about level 4 to 6,, the party doen't *feel right*, and restarting. Does anyone else out here in IW land do this too? Just wondering.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Well I do tend to try out a lot of games, but I always finish all of them. The only game I haven't finished *yet* is Emperor, Battle for Dune. But that's solely because my computer caused the game to crash deleting my save games, and I haven't installed it ever since. Same goes for Morrowind now that I think of it.

I've finished Baldur's Gate + TotSC, Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB, Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne, Neverwinter Nights, Total Annihilation, KotOR, Oni, Age of Empires 2 + The Conquerors.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 12-09-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes. I do it mostly after beating the game for the first time, then doing it for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... and sometimes, when I see I've completely botched a char, I restart in the middle of it.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I usually try to finish the games first (although I have lot of games I never finished) but then I love trying out diffrent characters, I probably have around 30-40 characters in my NWN folder... few above 4th level... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

I've only finished BG2 SoA, HotU and Harry Potter so far I was quite some way in BG1 but I quit it, installed it just some time ago. I also was pretty far in SoU, Caesar III, Commandos II, Commandos behind enemy lines, Civilization Call to Power, Empire Earth, Patrician, Age of Wonders, Police Quest SWAT 2, Hidden & Dangerous. I also have Europa Universalis but I didn't get far into it because it's so huge. I'd end up with so much to do and so little time I lost interest. But every now and again I feel like installing it and playing cause it's really fun.

Maybe I should buy some new games. New for me but they're pretty old now. I think I saw thief 1 and 2 for like $3.5 over here and commandos destination Berlin for about the same. But well I don't know how much I can miss now cause it seems it'll be a pretty expensive month(/s)
Old 12-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

i dont do that, there has never been a game i have owned that i havn't beaten (unless you count Hardtruck, but thats no fun and doesn't have an end really). my uncle al though, will play the hardest map on Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold on impossible difficulty with the most unlikely started castle and will restart every few turns if he thinks he did something wrong. i respect him for that determination. but i dont think he ever beat that map.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I've had BGII w/ ToB for about a year now, and still haven't finished it b/c I always restart.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I used to restart my BG2 games 45441 per minute. Now this is over. Back then I was a newbie.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:47 PM   #9
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Bloodlines, I must have restarted fifteen times so far and now I'm stuck I want to start but don't want to pick a clan because I want to play them all at the same time..

D`oh

the only other game I've not finished due in part to constant restarting is lionheart legacy of the crusader, though it's more a gameplay thing than a restart thing with that one.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #10
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I have TONS of games that I started and didn't finish. It took me well over a year to finally find a character that I liked to run through BG 1 with. BG2 I haven't completed. ToB I certainly haven't completed. NWN is waiting on me to get a decent computer, as is KotOR, and Morrowind for that matter.

I have a problem finding characters I like, really...

Is that what you really want to say?