Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 12:29 AM   #31
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Let me clarify myself... MEDIA i.e. newspapers, CNN. Maybe you thought that I was referring to the daily talk shows. I don't expect you to see things through my eyes, I see what I see and I analyze. Do you do the same?

LOL. Sorry, that TV comment was out of line. Couldn't resist Anyway, you haven't answered my point. It is a FACT that the race of criminal suspects is typically reported. This applies as much to Blacks as Whites.

Old 09-03-2001, 12:34 AM   #32
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
LOL. Sorry, that TV comment was out of line. Couldn't resist Anyway, you haven't answered my point. It is a FACT that the race of criminal suspects is typically reported. This applies as much to Blacks as Whites.

Understood!

It just kind of irks me to see an ad for the Hugleys t.v. show saying 'I see white people all around' knowing that if this were reversed that every activist group would be up in arms.

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:35 AM   #33
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Understood!

It just kind of irks me to see an ad for the Hugleys t.v. show saying 'I see white people all around' knowing that if this were reversed that every activist group would be up in arms.

YES! EXCALEY MY POINT!

I could get into a bunch of politcal crap but I wont, this is not the time or the place.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 12:43 AM   #34
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Thats a perfect exsample of what she ment. Larry said "black" and people pointed it out, if somone was to say "the neibhours wear white" no one would give it a second thought.

I don't follow you. What is a "perfect example of what she meant"? I fail to see how my post which you quoted is an example at all, much less a perfect one.

Old 09-03-2001, 12:47 AM   #35
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
I don't follow you. What is a "perfect example of what she meant"? I fail to see how my post which you quoted is an example at all, much less a perfect one.

You said:

"Where on earth did you get such a notion from? It is standard procedure, as it should be, to report the race of crime suspects (black, white, or other) along with other identifying characteristics"

Now, Larry said "black", someone pointed it out, if it was a standered procedure then no one should point it out or make a big deal out of it.

However, I doubt if larry said "White" then I would not be typing this right now.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-03-2001, 01:00 AM   #36
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
You said:

"Where on earth did you get such a notion from? It is standard procedure, as it should be, to report the race of crime suspects (black, white, or other) along with other identifying characteristics"

Now, Larry said "black", someone pointed it out, if it was a standered procedure then no one should point it out or make a big deal out of it.

However, I doubt if larry said "White" then I would not be typing this right now.

Fair Enough. Allow me to point out that I wasn't the one who pointed that out That was Lady Zekke. I think I know where she was going with it, but I'll let her speak for herself.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:00 AM   #37
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

Now, Larry said "black", someone pointed it out, if it was a standard procedure then no one should point it out or make a big deal out of it.

Exactly

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-03-2001, 01:02 AM   #38
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

So I am guessing this is settled now? And Dio I know it was ladyzeeke.

------------------

Old 09-03-2001, 01:03 AM   #39
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Yes, yes!!

Group hug?

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-03-2001, 01:05 AM   #40
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

LOL,yes yes Group hug. ..

I guess

------------------