Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 06:09 AM   #1
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There's had been a similiar thread long while back but having trouble finding it. Pity it was a great thread.

anyway, here are some things I would like to see in the next game:

more hit points! 1 is not enough!
a clock to keep track of time
more different monsters! I grow weary of the ratlings and raiders!
More clues to aid us to the puzzles (remember Nintendo's 'Shadowgate'?)
The character's useless conversation to stop when the quest/puzzle/job is completed!

to add: was catching up so fast that I didn't know I'm the Dungeon Master now!
------------------
formerly known as Adam Mage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 03-08-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #2
Dr.Orangutan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi there ,well those few are a great start and i have quite a few myself,first off i would love them to fix all the errors of that stupid deepsix program they use.also i would like to save IN TOWN as i am super prone to game freezes while exiting or entering them,and the line of site needs to be alot farther back.now what this game needs to keep are its big dungeons this is the first game i have played of this kind with such huge dungeons , and keep the multiclass idea that was kool! needs more magic items though !!!!!
Dr.Orangutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 01:04 PM   #3
Zoric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

These things were already mentioned in the old thread, but I would most like to see the following in the next W&W game:

- a Compass to keep track of direction
- a Clock to keep track of time
- a "Rest" feature to sleep the night away
- More and better equipment for sale in the later towns

Zoric
Zoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
rj
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with many on the clock and rest functions, I would also like to see a large wilderness area for no other reason than fighting and gaining exp. A change of pace from going from one quest to the next. RJ
rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I'll just be happy to see another first person perspective game on the market!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:56 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Brought the old thread back up - it's called Wonderful Wish List.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
johnj
Dungeon Master

less crashes, and i mean less
less bugs
better lighting
more monsters
more frequent fighting

other than that its great, cant wait to play more (after a patch or something)
johnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:27 PM   #8
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

* less of that sticking in the floorand less "u are trapped reload " bugs, eg i went down a lift in the serpent temple and when i went back to it it wouldnt work.
* Some graphics are poor eg u can poke your head inside the dragons body and see him from inside out which was a dissapointment, if all the monsters graphics looked as good as the lich then that would be good.
* the guild quests should be sorted so that u can do em all anytime u want, so u dont get stuck and lose a few. also more quests for performing assasinations and diplomatic missions and other cool stuff less of that go speak with such and such, bring this guy a potion etc.
* overall make the game harder!, for me it was too easy, the monsters should do much more damage, its silly that the mother crab is a walk in the park and a lousy mantrap is hell on earth, also dying is not the catastrophe it should be, priests learn resurect too early in the game, so dying doesnt become an important issue, resurect should be left to the end.
* The town characters should acknowledge your alignment and the lvl of your character more, this would be easy to do and would make the game more real.

Thats all i can thing of for now :><:
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:52 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wish HPI would come out with an add-on pack (fat chance!)

Oh well...

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
Parth

Well I am still early in playing the game but there are a few enhancements in the next version that I love from other games of this type. Some of them have already been mentioned such as a compas and saving inside town and much less crashes. Here are some more suggestions.
A more descriptive map that has Key points of interest that you already visited pre-annotated on the map.
Further development of the bard class.
Better weapons for other disciplines besides swords.
The ability to learn the identify skill earlier while holding off on some of the really destructive spells till later in the game.
Hit points distributed by a better system than random. Based on stats.
The starting chareacter in any attack mode determined by a stat and not which character that you are having lead the party around.
More side quests not related to dungeons and the main story line.
Keep alot of the cool features including large Dungeons and puzzle solving

------------------
Parth The Barbarian