Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #21
AliCat
Drow Warrior

The dark-haired lass, leaning against the bar, tossed a peanut Boo's way, then turned to place an order.

"A glass of serpent cider, please," she said, calmly, as she stalled for time to compose her face before turning back to the lads.

Kitten was a misnomer, a fond name given by her father who had been thoroughly drunk on the day she was born. Any fool who teased her about it shortly felt her "claws", the sharp daggers she carried secreted about her person. A ninja wannabe, she'd dyed all her leather armor black in imitation of the gear she hoped she'd wear someday. Her mother was less than thrilled to find the rest of the family's clothes an ebony shade as well.

By the point she turned around with her drink, Ditka had gotten back up off the floor, brushing sawdust off his armor and trying to work out a particularly uncomforable dent out of his plate trousers.

"Who said I didn't mean to knock this lummock over?" she asked in a sultry voice. "And what brings you to this two-bit tavern, oh Adam the Magnificent?".

Even Boo looked askance at Adam Mage. While those purple velvet robes did show off his finer points (especially the curly toed slippers), the crackle of his magical aura was rather subdued tonight, quieter than the frequent rumble of mugs being pushed back and forth across the oaken counter.

Adam glared, then casually flicked his fingers and set a torchlight spell going in Kitten's black tresses. She frantically beat the flames out, and the overall stench within the tavern grew worse with the odor of burnt hair. Soot marked her cheeks in rather an attractive way. She downed her cider in a gulp, then turned to Serath, saying....
Old 02-15-2001, 07:35 PM   #22
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

"You there my large warrior friend, there's nothing I find sexier than a man who cares for his pet hamster. Where did you get him?"

Kitten relaxed and waited for a response from the burly warrior, who merely nodded and continued to sip at his drink.

A small Gnome appeared from the crowd, and walked over to Serath, glaring oddly at the human with the strange furry pet.

"Hey there, are ye daft friend? My name is Slip, a travelling Bard and I havent' seen such an ugly pet in many a year. He stinks too, much like his swarthy master. By Kerah's gleaming ass, where did you find such a wretched creature?"

The sound of the glass shattering in Serath's hand caused the entire room to fall silent. The calloused hand remained uncut, and only a few squeaks from the little creature known only as "Boo" could be heard.

Turning his head to the lowly Gnome, a muscled arm pulled the small man into the air...whose feet were left dangling as Serath began to speak....
Old 02-15-2001, 08:19 PM   #23
Moni

"You said something to me about my friend?""

Slip, whose face on the way up was red in total embarassment now turned a whiter shade of pale as he looked up into the eyes of the madman Serath.

"Uh No! No Sir! I may have s-said something but Uh No! Um, while you have me hanging here, let me say I meant no harm in whatever it was that you heard!"

"I did not think so." Serath said. "For surely only a man who wanted to be blinded before he was hurt really bad and then killed would dare to say anything against Boo!"

"SQUEAK!" Boo confirmed, his beady little eyes glaring at Slip from behind the peanut.

"Nice eyes, don't you think Boo?" Serath asked his friend, shaking Slip slightly as he spoke and chuckling as he looked over his shoulder at Boo.

"SQUEAK! SQUEAK!"

"Yes," Serath laughed, "Nice eyes indeed!"
He set Slip back down and ruffed his hair, "You go home little boy, your momma is probably wondering where you are!"
Laughing a little louder, he turned his back on the gnome and returned his attention to his ale and to Ditka.

Slip, turning red again...

Old 02-15-2001, 09:36 PM   #24
Serath
Manshoon

...hurled an insult at the back of the burly Paladin.

"Ach, are ye daft, man? I bring news from yonder town gate. There be some toad warrior spouting madness about having to see the chosen one right away. I thought that it might concern ye, being not from around here, as ye obviously are."

"It concerns me not," replied Serath, waving the smaller man off without even bothering to turn around. "Unless the toad be evil," added the paladin, "whereas Boo and Serath will crush him into smaller toad-like chunks."

Slip backed off, not wanting any more to do with the stranger. He managed to take a mere few steps before colliding with Kitten. Looking down, the young lady flashed him a blinding smile and a quick wink. Ditka rolled his eyes as the Gnome was obviously taken by her charm, jaw on the floor.

"So just who is this toad warrior, and what does he want, hmmmm?" purred Kitten. Both Adam and Scronan leaned closer to catch the answer.

"Um...uh...well..." stammered Slip.

"Get ahold of yourself man!" boomed Serath, impatient.

Collecting himself, Slip blurted out...
Old 02-16-2001, 12:48 AM   #25
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

....Slip had many beads of sweat on his forhead now. His eyes went to all of the warriors in the room, and finally looked down at Kitten's shiny leather boots.

"Those are nice boots m'lady." he stammered.

"Why thank you Mr. Slip, they are made of pure Gnome skin. Now unless you'd like to be my second pair, start talking."

Fumbling for his voice, the small man began to talk, telling the story with a small amount of relish.

"Mad I tell you, that Toad is mad! He keeps saying this word "Ukabu" over and over again. And something about some kind of brew..and a big party for this legendary Ukabu."

"What's an Ukabu?" asked Scronan.

"Bah!" shouted Serath. "Boo and I don't care about any Ukaboos. There is only one Boo, right Boo?"

The small rodent squeaked happily as the hulking warrior patted it on the head affectionately.

Suddenly, a strangers voice spoke out, a soft but very feminine voice that rang with gentle overtones. All eyes turned to see a hooded figure in a beautiful cloak, adorned with the figure of a strange looking dragon type creature.

"I believe I can answer that question my friends. I am a disciple of the great Sage, Wyvern."
Old 02-16-2001, 01:15 AM   #26
Sean Mc.

With blinging speed, Kitten turns around and her daggers find twin marks in what was once the home of "The Disciple of The Great Sage's," eyes.

Boo smirks as the Disciple knees buckle and she slumps to the ground.

"Well what do you want?? I'm an assasin!!" Kitten hisses.

Slip casually eyes the corpse for any valuables.

Searath wonders if this was such a good idea.

Old 02-16-2001, 02:01 AM   #27
Moni

"Oh my gosh." Ditka muttered, shaking his head in disbelief at Kittten's sudden and blatent use of violence.

Adam laughed suddenly and almost hysterically.
"Kitten!", he exclaims, "Oh Kitten! Its no wonder you have not been promoted to Ninja yet!"

As Kitten looked quizzically at him, he moved toward her and leaned his face into her own.

"Discipline Girl! Discipline!"

She shrugged him off indignantly and turned to Ditka. "What are you "Oh my goshing" at anyway? It was just a disciple of Wyvern!"

"I could have used that girl to FIND the sage Wyvern." he said, his head continuing to shake as he turned back to his ale.

Serath snickered and it sounded like a snickering squeak escaped even Boo.

Adam was doing everything he could to keep from cracking up and making Kitten angry enough to try the same move on him if he made her mad enough in his folly of her actions.

She shot him a glance of hatred and one of knowing the truth that hurt...she did lack discipline and it did indeed hinder her training toward her hopeful ascension into the role of a Ninja. She reverted back to the hateful look in hopes of shutting him up.

"So now what?" Scronan asked. He grinned at Kitten and almost laughed out loud but held it in to keep from hurting her feelings provided she had any.

Old 02-16-2001, 04:28 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ditka stared gloomily into his cups, he could taste the sickly taint of magic in the air. What, or more importantly, who the hell had made his say something like that, "Oh my gosh indeed" he thought. A Barbarians life was about drinking and wenching and being hip deep in bloodied axes and someone elses giblets. Damn all wizards and their mind control games. He shifted his gaze from the departing gnome, and impaled the young mage with a glare. Good, that at least wiped the smirk off the eyes of the insolent pup, but the cool stare that was being returned displayed no hint of either regret or guilt. Maybe the lil goober hadn't been to blame after all - ite better not be that some fool is spiking this ale with any #!%@#*^ wine.

Lurching to his feet, Ditka bellowed for the headman "Gareth, get your candied ass in here NOW".

The doors burst open as Slip leapt back into the bar, "Listen everyone, I said Listen..., Gareth is..".
Old 02-16-2001, 10:00 AM   #29
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

. . .Dead", he finished.

"DEAD?!" they all chorused, leaping to their feet.

Slip assented vigorously. "He was fine, then took sick very quickly. Before he died, he said something about the brew being poisoned . . "

Ditka stared at the ale he had been quaffing, and suddenly gave a loud roar. Staggering to his feet, the large barbarian swept the remnants of the brew off the table. It crashed into a wall, splattering greenish foam across the room."

"Ditka! What the . ." Slip said

"POISONED! Achhhh.... I'm . . ." Ditka choked, grabbing his throat. No wonder his mind was muddled! "I need HELP!!"

The others stared for a moment, then . . ."
Old 02-16-2001, 10:35 AM   #30
Serath
Manshoon

... a man in simple brown robes pushed his way through the circle of onlookers. He bent over the thrashing Ditka and placed his hand on the fallen mans chest.

"Stop fussing!" demanded the robed man. A bluish glow enveloped his hands, then spread to include Ditka as well. Ditka's body went rigid, then relaxed. He remained on the floor, breathing heavily, his hair caked with sweat. The robed man stood, and glanced around the circle.

"About time Sazerac!" exclaimed Serath. "I've been waiting all day for you to show up. Boo was starting to get surly, and that is not a pretty sight."
Closed Thread