Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-10-2001, 06:08 PM   #21
Absynthe

Finally, I'm average! Been a freak my whole life, now I fit in... 34, male, Seattle.
Played RPG's all my life, started CRPG's with Proving Grounds in 1980 or thereabouts...
Here's a slap in the face... children conceived at the time I first killed Werdna are now almost of drinking age...which tells me I need a drink meself
Old 01-18-2001, 01:18 PM   #22
Moni

Not useless at all!
Here's for all the newer people so they can get to know us a lil better & allow us to get to know them too!
Don't see replies from Sazerac or Scronan here...must be in older thread that I can't find. : (
Great bunch, you all are!
I'll regret finishing the game & not having good reason to hang out here reading all the funnies & such!
: )
Moni
Old 01-18-2001, 02:51 PM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Moni!

I guess I need to reintroduce myself to the new group, since the older thread can't be found. I'm "Sazerac"; age 37, Male, in Denton, TX (just north of Dallas). Have been role-playing since the early 80's. I imagine that the reason for the proliferation of all us 30 and 40-somethings is that we are all veteran Wizardry players from the early 80's when we were in our salad days. (Hopefully none of us have gone to seed.) Other than computer gaming, I enjoy web page design, reading, philosophy, travel, and pets (I breed and raise domestic rats -- definitely NOT for pies, LOL!) I'm also an amateur artist, and (given Lily and Wyvern's encouragement) am making a foray into becoming an amateur fantasy author as well at the Archive site. (Coming soon).

Don't count this into the new poll results, since I've already been counted once before.

[http://www.wizardrealm.com/images/roc1.jpg]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 02:53 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nuts. Forgot to make that interactive. Well, now you know where my magic lies, hehe!

Old 01-18-2001, 05:48 PM   #25
Strider
Welcomed New User

Can't remember if responded to other poll but since I'm fairly new probably not so here goes. I'm 44 (so somewhat above average ), just a plain southern country boy from the USA. I've played (though not completed all) most of the M&Ms, Wizardry, Eye of the Beholders, Dungeon Master, Lands of Lore, the SSI goldbox games, Fairy Tale, Ring of medusa, (do you get the idea I like these types of games?) among others. I started with a vic20 and tape drive for storage back in early 80s (now I really feel old) and was hooked on puters from then on. Had just about every puter Commodore made right up to the Amiga2000. Loved that puter but unfortunately I could see the hand writing on the wall and moved to the IBM clones with a 486. Presently got a P4 from Dell but trying to decide whether to send back cause it and WinMe crashes so much (it is fast though).

I have a webpage about MMVII and VIII. VII was first attempt at doing a webpage, VIII is much better and useful I think. May or may not do one for WizWar if I ever complete it this decade LOL.

§
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:55 PM   #26
skywalker
Banned User

I've been here a little while, but never chimed in.

I reached the dreaded 40 last September and mentally I don't feel 40, but physically, I feel it in the morning. I haven't grown up much, I still play computer games, watch horror movies and read comic books. I paid for the last computer I built partly by selling comics on Ebay!

I live in Vermont and I don't know why. Probably because I like very hot days less than very cold days. I've been married for 17+1/2 years and don't intend to stop.

My all-time favorite CRPG or Adventure game was Neuromancer. I wish they would do sequel because I'd love to experience MOTS.

My favorite strategy game was M.U.L.E. Buy Crystite low and sell it high, watch out for the pirates!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 09:17 PM   #27
Moni

Hey Sazerac!
We're neighbors!
If you can call San Antonio-ish neighbors! LOL!
Moni
Old 01-18-2001, 09:23 PM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Moni,

Yes, I knew you were in Texas...Hm, San Antonio, huh? Beautiful city. Well, my dad lives there, so that makes us "almost neighbors"!

Old 01-18-2001, 09:43 PM   #29
Moni

How very cool! Yes it is a beautiful city..hard to drive around in for someone who only had to maneuver through Tucson's "grid" for 20 years, lol!
If you ever visit your dad, E-mail me in advance & maybe we can get together for coffee or have lunch @ Fuddrucker's across the street from the Alamo!
I am always looking for a good reason to go as I live outside the city limits in the country.
Moni
Old 02-03-2001, 09:37 PM   #30
maxpower

Ok I'm Male, 32 ripe yrs of age. I have lived all my life in Surrey, England. Untill this yr when I moved to Vancouver, Canada to get married to a girl I met in "Virtual Places" (its an excite chat room/program) that was in April and I'm now happily married.

W&W is my first CRPG game that I have ever played (unless you count "kings bounty" for the sega, but that was early 90's). Before this I used to play mainly RTS games such as all of the Command & Conquer series (latest of which was Red Alert 2, which I enjoyed to the full). When not playing games I like to build and make web pages/sites and various files/accessories for "Virtual Places". I would have liked to make a web site to accompany W&W but so many have got there before me. One of them being Xignals excellent site, but if I mannage to get Wizardry 8 quick enough when it is released I might be able to get something done for that. Not that I have played any of the previous Wizardry games, but I kinda got the CRPG bug now..hehe

Anything else you want to know about me your just gonna have to ask....