Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-03-2001, 10:56 AM   #1
joetbd
Manshoon

I am nearing the end of SOA. Soon I will have choose who I leave behind, and who I take into TOB with me. Are there any specific story or dialog additions to any of the SOA NPC's? Is there any reason to take one over another, excluding reasons like: tactical reasons or strategy.

If there are reasons, I would just like to know "who", not why. I would like to find out why, on my own.

OR if no one does or says anything new, I would like to know that too.

Thanks,
joe
joetbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:10 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

SPOILER
You really don't have to worry about who you take in your party and who you leave behind. I don't really want to spoil you, but you'll see what I am talking about in the very beginning of ToB.
Perhaps the only person you will want to keep in your party is your romance interest. Don't know if you can continue the romance in ToB if you don't import them with you??

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:12 AM   #3
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Besides Romances, no NPC's are integral to the storyline this time around.
They all say new stuff to you (Imoens rant, Aeris Mom, etc etc) but nothing is key to the storyline, so pick who you want. No worries.

------------------
Sagath Steelblade. 26th Fighter, LG
Gilimi Silverwing, 27th Monk, LG

Jan: Greetings, Everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'Hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring.
Sagath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 07:52 PM   #4
joetbd
Manshoon

Ok, now I am hearing that I can access the old NPC's via a "pocket plane". Is this true? And second, if it is true, do they import as I left them in SOA, or as preset characters, with random items, spells, and such?
Old 07-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #5
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Spoiler
Yup on the pocket plane. But there all boosted to higher level char's. not as you left them in Amn.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 09:23 PM   #6
joetbd
Manshoon

yes, but are they boosted to higher levels from where I left them? OR are they preset characters already on the TOB CD (example: does it gives me IMOEN18 rather then bringing my imoen in from SOA)?
Old 07-03-2001, 10:21 PM   #7
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Don't know the answere to that one as I have never played it with anything other than my "saved crew" - and it is already off my sys. so I can't try it out. However I suspect that they are completely fresh (much easier to create that way), not just updated. Perhaps someone else can confirm or deny?
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:52 PM   #8
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unless you use your Saved game and Import it into SOA, I believe it gives you a base level 'imoen' with some upgraded items. I'm not sure, but when I changed from Minsc to Kor for more tankage...he came with stuff he didnt have before.
My suggestion, Save it befor Irenicus at the Tree, and test this out.
Let us know how it goes!

Good luck!

------------------
Sagath Steelblade. 26th Fighter, LG
Gilimi Silverwing, 27th Monk, LG

Jan: Greetings, Everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'Hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring.
Sagath is offline   Reply With Quote