Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I have questions i was hoping some of you could help me out on.

1.) Halflings Good Aim Feat: Does this work on darts? I read a post at the Bioware boards that mentioned that it didn't, that the feat only works on throwing axes and shuriken. Is this true, say it isn't so!!

2.) Are darts covered by the Weapon Finesse Feat? In the instruction manual it mentions shurikens and axes but not darts and i can't imagine it not being covered by that feat if those other throwing weapons are.

Thanks for the help.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:39 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
2.) Are darts covered by the Weapon Finesse Feat? In the instruction manual it mentions shurikens and axes but not darts and i can't imagine it not being covered by that feat if those other throwing weapons are.
Not on darts, Weapon Finesse should only work on melee weapons,such as the axe, as it will give your DEX modifier instead of STR modifier to add to attack rolls. This is kind of pointless to do on ranged weapons as they already have the DEX modifier to attack roll.

I thought shurikens were throwing weapons so I find it a little bit odd to have Weapon Finesse affect them as there won't change anything (unless they're melee weapons of course)
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Ah, ok thanks.. i thought i could have sworn it said throwing axes in the instruction manuals description of that feat.. i'm going off memory and that's failed me before..

Anyone know about the Good Aim feat with darts?
Old 11-18-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

It DOES say throwing axes as well as shurikens, slings and light crossbow, so it's obviously a misprint.

I don't know about the Good Aim feat though. It says 'throwing weapons' in the description so it should work with darts.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Does anyone know if the feat Point Blank Shot applies to shurikens and darts and axes or only bows?

It says 'missile weapons' in the in-game description but i'm having trouble finding out if their is a difference between 'thrown weapons' and 'missile weapons'.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Does anyone know if the feat Point Blank Shot applies to shurikens and darts and axes or only bows?

It says 'missile weapons' in the in-game description but i'm having trouble finding out if their is a difference between 'thrown weapons' and 'missile weapons'.
I think there's a difference between them. PBS works only on bows and crossbows. The name also implies it as you're not shooting shurikens or axes

edit: in p&p 3rd it's only bows and crossbows as well but it might be different for NWN

[ 11-20-2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote