Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Hey. I'm thinking about starting a new character, dual wielding katanas, and casting druid spells. I'm thinking about a build like Warrior-type 6/Druid 14. I'm just wondering though, if I should start with a ranger or a plain fighter. I know that rangers can get easy dual-wielding feats and whatnot. Also, is this the right kind of build? I don't know if I should lessen up on the warrior or druid side.

PS. I've already beaten the game with a ranger/thief and a thief/sorcerer.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Oops, sorry, can a mod move this to the NWN forum?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, that would certainly explain the Ranger/Thief and Thief/Sorcerer.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, is you're planning to dualwield, I would advice you to start out as a Ranger. If anything else, then a pure Fighter, which are better warriors. There is also not much need for beeing a Ranger if you're planning to be a Druid as well, they mostly have the same spells.

I would have made him stronger on the warrior-side, but that's mostly because I prefer melee hack'n slash. But as I have never have really tried a Druid, you should get someone else to answer on this question
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

Rangers and druids are a good dual class, since they share many skills (animal companions, spell list, light armor, animal empathy). I haven't played much as a druid yet, but I hear they are quite powerful. You may be losing power if you dual class a druid.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote