Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 06:21 AM   #1
y'alzadar
Welcomed New User

Really weird!
When I start tob I get a software protection error!
However I bought the original.
It says I have to put in the original CD??
Even more weird is the fact that when i retstart my pc and retry a couple of times the game will run eventually?
Can somebody help me?
y'alzadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
Charlander
Dungeon Master

Don't worry! I had the same problem.
If you have the UK version of ToB, just download the newest UK ToB patch. If you have the European version, then download the newest European patch.

UK patch

European patch

When you have completed downloading the patch, don't install it after first uninstalling ToB. When ToB is no longer on your computer, install it again, and then the patch. Open the ToB configure even if you don't whant to configure anything! Now try launching the game...it should work

BTW: Welcome to the forum