Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

Is there any way of making a DVD of BG2 and ToB without putting the seperate discs in files. I don't want them in files because then if I start the game with one of the origional CDs the game won't be looking in the right place. I can't just dump all the files from the 5 discs onto a dvd either because the ToB disc had files with the same name as BG2 disc 1, like "setup.exe". Maybe someone who has BG2 on dvd might be able to enlighten me as to where stuff is. Oh and help to do something similar for BG1 would also be good. I have the three disc edition with TotSC

Thought has occurred to me whilst writing this. The four BG2 discs could be in a seperate folder whilst ToB and another copy of disc 2 is on the root of the DVD. That way I could start the game with either the DVD or the origional ToB disc or disc 2. Disc 1 may not autostart, but since when did I ever use disc 1. This would only work with a full install. Would this work?

Another thought (trouble holding them in, need a tin foil hat...). Its only ToB and disc 1 that have the same named files. Do any areas load from disc 1? I seem to think none do... Therefore put CDs 2 - 4 and ToB on the DVD and disc 1 in a differently named folder (like d/disc1). That way stuff would load from the discs on the root of the dvd whilst disc 1 isn't interfearing with ToB. Aha cracked it! But only if nothing loads from disc 1. Is this the case?

Oh and if you could answer the BG1 thing too it would be good [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Thanks for reading all that drivel.
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Put the first 4 CDs onto one DVD (all in the same root), and leave TOB on a separate CD. Similar with BG1: leave TOTSC separate.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
Daniel_M
Elminster

You can buy a genuine DVD version of SoA too, I got mine from Amazon.com
Old 08-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
robo donkey
Manshoon

Yes, but I want SoA and ToB on 1 disc. All on root except for CD1 would work if nothing loads from CD1.

Does anything load from CD1 if you have done a minimum/reccomended install?
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dunno, but this is an excellent idea, tell us how it goes.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote