Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-22-2002, 08:31 PM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I really like the way they did the drow of the Underdark section in Chapter 4. SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Malavon is alive, his sister is a drider, they don't worship Lloth, and they are actually easy to deal with. It is so far from cliche. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 10:25 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

And so is that ridiculous story about how he is still alive. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Then again, it wasn't my story, now was it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But yes, it is good to see something other than "oh, look--drow. wait--they're attacking!" [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:25 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BWAHAHAHAHA!....driders... enjoy! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I had some trouble at the very end, but it only took a few re-loads and re-thinking my attacks. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2002, 01:30 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, the story of the clone was pretty far-fetched. And, they never tell you how Malavon made Ginafae back into a drow from a Drider. I thought that was supposed to be irreversible without the help of a Handmaiden. Oh, well, like Azred at least it was different.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:44 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

<--------Hates Driders.Wait,is'nt his sister a handmaiden.And what makes you think he does'nt have a handmaiden with him? .
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:49 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
<--------Hates Driders.Wait,is'nt his sister a handmaiden.And what makes you think he does'nt have a handmaiden with him? .
Handmaidens are only found in the service of Lloth, so since none of these Drow are worshippers, they would not have access to one, I should say. But, Malavon is a powerful dude, maybe he had a spell made up. I surely don't know.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:55 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The whole Malavon affair is quite the cop-out. Neither him NOR Ginafae die, and the way they survive is pretty far-fetched, even for the Forgotten Realms. There should be a spell called Malavon's Sympathy or some such. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]