Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-02-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, it has been a while, members have come and gone, our lives have all changed at least a little bit...so, it's that time again, when one of us brings up Pen and Paper Roleplaying in the General Discussion Forum.

Now, I would put this in the Roleplaying Forum, except for the fact that I don't really want to discuss the specifics of playing, I'm just curious as to who roleplays, who quit, who started, when the last time you played was, etc.

Feel free to include LARPing, though you may get casual derision from me
Old 12-02-2004, 01:27 AM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I haven't done anything in two years, playing or DMing... I miss it, sometimes. DMing was great for me. I got to work on some acting, some writing, creativity... But nobody up here plays.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh, I play, on and off. Those annoying things like school, and social lives tend to get in the way, though! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh, and the last time I played was... Sunday afternoon, with you! BTW, are we on for this weekend, or you playing the part of slave, all weekend? I'm going to class, friday night, then Trevor's on saturday. And, Illumina, that sucks! I know what you mean, though. I go back to hometown to role-play, as I don't know anyone worth playing with, hereabouts.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, I'm having DM fits, as far as wanting to come up with material goes, but I don't think I'll do it this coming weekend...two in a row is a rare luxury that I wish I could afford, but I don't think I can.

But, that's not final yet.

Regardless, Illumina, it's kind of sad, isn't it? I'm just lucky to be young, and surrounded by plenty of other people near-constantly who are almost as dorky as I am.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:44 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I DM a 2nd editon D&D game almost every Sunday. Of course as a DM I love to roleplay as many roles as I can dream up for the story session. I have an original world I have developed over the last 5-6 years. I love it!

Sorry to hear you cant get your fill, Illumina. It's just wrong!!!

I do miss playing from time to time, but no one else I know wants to DM.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
Maj
Drow Warrior

I never have... it does sound intriguing, but I'm sure none of my friends would want to play with me. (They already think of me as a computer nerd and book worm.)

[ 12-02-2004, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Maj ]
Old 12-02-2004, 02:40 AM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Currently, I don't have anyone to play with, so I'm not playing or DMing. I'm thinking of hooking up with the local playing group in a shop called Land of Magic, as that's the place to play anything from D&D, Warhammer, Magic and the stuff.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
I DM a 2nd editon D&D game almost every Sunday. Of course as a DM I love to roleplay as many roles as I can dream up for the story session. I have an original world I have developed over the last 5-6 years. I love it!

Sorry to hear you cant get your fill, Illumina. It's just wrong!!!

I do miss playing from time to time, but no one else I know wants to DM.
Interesting?
We play 2nd Ed. every Sunday too?! Actually, our DM has been on Hyena (humour) for the last few months due to University studies. (you think he'd get his priorities straight ) He also creates is own world and it's nothing short of excellent! We are meeting on the 12th to discuss whether we will continue the current campaign or start new, because somehow all of his notes have gone missing.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:10 AM   #9
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

I used to like roleplaying, but then I moved out of the area (waaaay out of the area) and anyway the best groups I've played with are scattered to the four winds and/or really busy with real life.
Still buy the books though. Or at least make sure if people ask gift ideas to point them in that area. Still trying to come up with a campaign world too, but too many ideas so it's become like two or three worlds.
Played D&D 2e and 3.0e, picked up some other stuff like BESM (d6, NOT d20) and thought it was an interesting setup.
Main problem now is no one here speaks english, and I *really* don't want to try and pull it off in Chinese. Plus the govt might accuse me of "corrupting the people".
Old 12-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #10
philip
Galvatron

I'm still playing with the same group but because lots of us have something better to do saturday night it's not as frequent anymore.