Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #31
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

So sorry to hear this, Cloudy. I really hope he gets better soon so the two of you can stop worrying. Take care of him and yourself.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm trying to get things done, take care of him and rest...wow, now I really do want longer days! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks Aelia and Arledrian. He's no worse and is getting lots of rest, so I'm hopeful it will pass and he'll be well soon.

Think I'll go have a cup of tea- just made one for Jim. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 11:19 PM   #33
Ehrys
Manshoon

Don't make anything caffeinated. It will just dry him out... and he'll need to retain water in his system to both fight the bacterial infection as well as pump the antibiotics through his liver.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:41 AM   #34
Epona
Zartan

Cloudy, I'm sorry to hear this - been at my new boyfriend's house all weekend and have only just read the boards to find this.

Please look after yourself and Jim, thinking of you both and wishing him a speedy recovery.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ehrys, thanks! We've been mostly getting water, gatorade and chicken soup into him! Nothing carbonated so far. The antibiotics are really knocking him out, but they do seem to be helping!

Epona, thank you! We're trying to get more rest, despite the chaos! He is feeling a little better and was much more lively when awake yesterday, for which I'm very grateful!

Can I just say here, that Ironworks is amazing...you've all be so wonderful. It just makes me feel privileged to be a part of things here even more than usual. Thank you all so much for your words of advice, your sympathetic ears and the cheering up! You're the best!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2004, 09:19 AM   #36
Skippy1
Elminster

Awww, stop all the gooey stuff will ya!

Sounds like he's turned the corner then. Tell him I have a virtual BBQed rump steak ready for him as soon as he feels up for it!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Skippy, he'll be up and running if I tell him that! LOL, he loves steak! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #38
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Cloudy, if he's not up to eating meals yet, here's a high energy, easily digestable concoction. He'll probably like this as long as his stomach isn't too upset. Mix OJ with a bit of vanilla ice cream and a bit of protein drink mix if you have it.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:33 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sir Kenyth, he's been up to eating soup and even peanut butter on crackers and yesterday had a real meal for dinner! At first he only wanted water and the crackers and slept round the clock for a few days, so I am really happy to see him eat more normally and be awake a little longer!

I'm not sure if he should be going back to work tomorrow, though he wants to.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:39 PM   #40
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thats great that Jim is doing better! Hope it stays that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]