Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #81
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ya Bill, it was totally worth getting up at 4am . Worth the sore muscles to, hehe. Cant wait to go again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Beach sounds great hun! I think i've been blinded by your whiteness ebough
Old 11-09-2003, 03:56 PM   #82
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Hello strangers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

An extremely bored Jerome with far too much work to do with far too little desire to do it checking in. Caffine would be much appreciated.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:12 PM   #83
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hello, Dunda and Jerome. Ah, the beach. Just a distant memory over here, as I bet it is for you, too, Jerome. How's Lioness?
Old 11-09-2003, 10:09 PM   #84
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

hey everyone.

i am sick [img]tongue.gif[/img] everytime i go to bed i get worse too, my throat swells up and it really hurts just o breath....in fact i been drinking water, and it is'd oing it now i really thought the water would help.

i hate being sick and pregnant at the same time. and broke. the few things i can have i can't afford. at least the baby liked the water. i gues she can feel the cold when it gets to my tummy. none of my kids like being cold [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i'm kinda really mad at wal-marts portrait studio. they ruined erilyn's 12 month pics and so called to let me know. we owed like $80 on them atill. anyway they said over the phone that we would ge thte next package up free. well having a beginning walker makes it difficult to get pics done, she is always bruised, even on the face. so wehn we got the pics done their ad special was $3.88, now it is $12.88 (holidays!) anyway we went in today to get them done. we were told that we would get the ad special free and $20 off our package. how does this sound like "next package up free?" anyway we did still owe, so maybe they lady on the phone just didn't pay attention to that. either way....we got charged for the package and ad special. we chose an $80 package this time ($79.99) completely expecting of course to get the ad special free and $20 off the package (so it would only be $60 or $59.99 +tax) but on the reciept we were charged for both and only $25 off! they weren't blonde so i know they have to know that $12.88 + $20 is more than $25 (no offense to any blondes.) we owe $70 +. i am calling wal-marts customer service tomorrow cause i am really hopping mad about this. i don't want to deal with the ladies in there again, otherwise i would have called today.

thanx for letting me vent. i really just needed to complain to someone other than just nathan. ttyl
Old 11-09-2003, 10:14 PM   #85
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Hi All, been a long time since I last post of the cafe.

* tsk tsk * I 've been playing D2 lod for almost 24/7 ever since the patch come out. didn't go to office for nearly a week lol. I'm sure gonna get fired for this.

oh wait, nobody can fire me unless I fire myself. ROFLMAO
Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 AM   #86
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Lady Blue, you can have my frikkin skiing gloves, since there is (a) no snow and (b) no mountains where I am right now. God, I miss skiing.
I'll only take them if they're black and stylish [/QUOTE]Erm... enjoy your frostbite, Ms. Picky Fancy-pants. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]lol, you know RedBlueFlare said the exact same thing on MSN. Like I told him, when you've been boarding as long as I you stop worrying about keeping warm and can focus on looking good. You notice most people who are beginners where horrendous colors that don't match at all...or screaming neon colors. I absolutley have to have darj colors. All shades of black except my headband, which is grey, and my goggles which are red

I also mention the place where I board hardly gets cold enough to inflict frostbite. Not like up in Vail *shivers*
[/QUOTE]Touchee', dearie. [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] I haven't checked out the Stealthy pics, but will, and I assume you're as dashing a young thang as ever.

Anywho, my blue gloves (with removable red lining) suit(ed) my skiing ensemble, even when I would take the big ramp-jumps and "eject" all my equipment during an impromptu landing on my muppet arse (after at least 1 1/2 flips I might add). Anyway, I envy you boarders, because it looks SO DAMNED COOL. My roomie in Law School in VT was a boarder (long powder-bashing board). Never worked for me, my feet do the parallel thing better than the "in line" thing, so even after a whole day dedicating myself to boarding all I earned was a hurt back.

Actually, it was comical. I did the "I'm the pivot of the fulcrum" faceplant waaaaay to many times. But, I love the mountain, and despite my southern roots, any time I get the chance I'll attack a double-black with all the ferocity I can muster! Damnit.

And, actually, I replaced my blue Columbia ski jacket with a tan/green Moonstone one last time on the mountain, so I techincally shoud be searching for a new pair as well -- I just want a pair that keep me as warm.

I'm sure you had a great time, and I envy you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. can you send some ALTITUDE to Illinois, it's dreadfully FLAT here.

[ 11-10-2003, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #87
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks to Timber and Lady Blue, your last few posts gave me a chuckle

Long time no see, Jerome [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #88
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Anytime Horatio

Anyway, no one gets good at boarding in a day. It took me at least a season to learn how to carve properly, and trust me, I spent a lot of time on my butt [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Was invited to go back up to the mountain tomorrow, but alas I'm sitting our house, and mommy said I have to stay home
Old 11-10-2003, 05:20 PM   #89
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Jerome? Is that really you or did a doppleganger wander by? HI romelet....oooh that sounds like omelet....hehehehe....now where did he run off to in such a hurry?

LB, sounds like you and the mountains will have to get together later! [img]smile.gif[/img] Without TL's gloves, too, it looks like, if he can't pony up some black ones!
Old 11-11-2003, 01:51 AM   #90
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Question Mark

Ooooh, the Cloudlet challenges me to pony up, now, does she.

Here are some wonderful snowboarding gloves, many in black or black/grey, from the "Mad River" line. I pick the Mad River gloves because they reference Mad River Glenn in Vermont, where Snowboarding is extremely limited (hey, let's face it, snowboarders screw up the snow -- especially in Vermont's wetter conditions) and where the powder is ungroomed and pure.

Hey, Lady Blue, my favorite areas are in the woods, dodging the trees, what about you? I prefer tree-dodging to groomed skiing, even where the half-pipes and jumps are concerned.

And, let's face it, with your wonderful western powder you avoid a lot of the treachery inherent in eastern skiing. In fact, in Vermont, they have a saying that "out west, you ski for fun, in the east you ski to survive." While I envy your high powder, I'll take a bit of pride in dodging wet snow, icy conditions, and rocky outcroppings, if'n you don't mind.

And, Horatio, glad you got a chuckle. Good to see you.

[ 11-11-2003, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]