Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

for all those who are familiar about cellphones and live in australia

i have a cellphone which is dualband E-GSM 900/ GSM 1800 ... is it compatible in australia cellphone network??

oh yeah.. and what kind of sim cards are available there... my phone is compatible with 3V, 3V/5V or 3V/1, 8V

thanks.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-02-2003, 01:38 AM   #2
lethoso
Manshoon

a quick look around the place reveals that it should work fine over here.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2003, 04:15 AM   #3
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Your Dual Band phone will work here no problem. Some of the newer phones are actually tri-band at the moment but that is just something new technology brings so do not see it as a down side to your Dual-band phone.

Also, although I am not sure about the sim cards, I'm a B dealer and never heard of that myself, I'm pretty certain that you shouldn't have a problem in that department.

All in all your phone will work considering you either get your provider to set it to work in Australia, or use an Australian Networks sim in it.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:58 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Australia in the thread title and I'm like a moth to the flame [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

I think that the others have answered well, but I would like to ask why? if you are coming over for a holiday or such you will find the usual land lines very cheap to use, the cost of mobile phones to international destinations can be expensive.

Either way I hope you enjoy yourself "down under"

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-02-2003, 05:14 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

i have a cellphone which is dualband E-GSM 900/ GSM 1800 ... is it compatible in australia cellphone network??

oh yeah.. and what kind of sim cards are available there... my phone is compatible with 3V, 3V/5V or 3V/1, 8V

You won't have a problem - everything is fully compatible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2003, 08:34 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by: Wellard
-------------------
I think that the others have answered well, but I would like to ask why? if you are coming over for a holiday or such you will find the usual land lines very cheap to use, the cost of mobile phones to international destinations can be expensive.
actually, i may be going over there to study college in sydney. so i will bring my cellphone along so not to buy one there if it would be incompatible. im going to find out in may whether or not im going there.. (actually, i was already delayed since i was supposidly planning to go last december but did not go through due to unforseen circumstances). and i just bought this cellphone with my own hard earned money.. it would be a shame to buy it and leave it in 2 months time. so thank you thank you for your kind answers regarding my question. . and my cellphone would be for emergency use only btw.

Quote:
posted by memnoch
------------------------
You won't have a problem - everything is fully compatible.
i may still be able to go there to Sydney and meet you Memsy !!! . ill let you know by May. [img]smile.gif[/img]

and once again. thank you!

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-03-2003, 12:14 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
actually, i may be going over there to study college in sydney. so i will bring my cellphone along so not to buy one there if it would be incompatible. im going to find out in may whether or not im going there.. (actually, i was already delayed since i was supposidly planning to go last december but did not go through due to unforseen circumstances). and i just bought this cellphone with my own hard earned money.. it would be a shame to buy it and leave it in 2 months time. so thank you thank you for your kind answers regarding my question. . and my cellphone would be for emergency use only btw.
Well, you can always buy a prepaid SIM and stick it in for when you're here. Make sure you drop me a line when you do, I'll take you out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 02:45 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by memnoch:
-------------------
Well, you can always buy a prepaid SIM and stick it in for when you're here. Make sure you drop me a line when you do, I'll take you out.
cool!! i really hope i can go there.. sometimes i think my chances of going there is getting smaller and smaller because of SARS and War and terrorism... sigh. anyway, im hoping for the best. wish me luck.

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-03-2003, 08:27 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Quote:

posted by memnoch:
-------------------
Well, you can always buy a prepaid SIM and stick it in for when you're here. Make sure you drop me a line when you do, I'll take you out.
cool!! i really hope i can go there.. sometimes i think my chances of going there is getting smaller and smaller because of SARS and War and terrorism... sigh. anyway, im hoping for the best. wish me luck.[/QUOTE]Same hear, send an E-mail when your set to come over and we will catch up. So what would you be studying and do you know anyone down here?
Old 04-04-2003, 04:11 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Hmmm. I see a problem. In Australia there are no cellphones, only mobiles. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com