Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

If so, what did you think, list the good factors and the bad. I'd really like to know, I NEED a game to tide me over a while until something else comes out. Hopefully this game will prove to be a good diversion...
Old 01-16-2002, 04:58 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well I tried it, and I hated it. Well that my opinion at least, I did the wrong thing and listened to alot of people here saying it was crap, the stupid thing was I didnīt trust them completely and bought it.. Well 400 Skr wasted on absolutely nothing. The idea is a 3D free view world typical console, and a interface of making a click-click attacks in order to get critical hits and combos. You also are followed by some morons doing nothing helpful really except that in the beginning they are far cooler than your character.

The interface feels well, not exactly bad, but the lack of interacting and the view problems are one thing. That the story is pretty slow and booring and that the game feels like a bad clone of some of the better games out there and being ported from PS2 canīt hide the truth. It (bad word here) and I would suggest you save the money, or try it out on PS2, the game should by reviews be better on a PS2 than a PC..

IMHO I think it is a waste of time anyway. So far I have heard only mild support for this game and Iīm not one of thoose, I really felt ripped off by that game!

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 01-16-2002, 05:42 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I hired it from the local video store,played it, finished it and haven't wanted to go back to it since. I suggest Grand Theft Auto Three if you have a PS2 and absolutely must spend your money, otherwise save it for an upcoming release(NWN anyone), or save it up till you can afford some new hardware etc... JMHO [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2002, 06:11 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I bought Summoner and got stuck in the first dungeon [img]tongue.gif[/img] Save your money and buy another game instead. Like Master of Orion 3, out in March.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I hired it from the local video store,played it, finished it and haven't wanted to go back to it since. I suggest Grand Theft Auto Three if you have a PS2 and absolutely must spend your money, otherwise save it for an upcoming release(NWN anyone), or save it up till you can afford some new hardware etc... JMHO [img]smile.gif[/img]

GTA3 HELL YES! Nothing beats stealing a Diablos Stallion, crashing it into a busy junction and causing a chain reaction of explosions, then gunning down cops and helicopters with an AK-47...
Old 01-16-2002, 11:59 AM   #6
Aurican
Elminster

That really does suck. I really need a new game to play until Dungeon Siege or Neverwinter Nights comes out... What I am looking for is a fantasy 3D-View game where you can find cool weapons and armor and customize your guy. I have U9 and have already played that into the wall, yes even with all of the bugs. I need something new...

I just want a RPG with a decent storyline, good graphics and an interface that is not a pain to use. Can anybody out there help me?