Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 10-04-2001, 03:53 AM   #1
Little Dragon
The Magister

Does any one know of any good wizards. I know of Xen in the mines, the Evil one in Nashkel and the one in the Gnoll strong hold.

Another thing

Second time round am a level 7 fighter I,ve picket up Iomen and she is already level 6 does this mean she has got this from my last adventure or that all the characters i pick up will have near enough the same level.

Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 03:59 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yep, all chars will adapt to your level! If you want to assign their weapon proficiencies yourself dont wait to long before picking them up.
You already got every good mage in the game. Edwin is best though Xan is my personal favourite. Only use Dynaheir if you have Minsc.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 08:20 AM   #3
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey dreamer, i use that pic for my maincharacter... nice choice

But i dont know why everyone doesnt like Dynaheir, yeah so okay she doesnt look too good... But good mage, who cares if her intelligence is 17, not as if your gonna teach her everyspell. Plus Minsc is an added bonus. Fireball is also a very useful spell, when u first get her...

Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 01:53 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Attila:
hey dreamer, i use that pic for my maincharacter... nice choice

But i dont know why everyone doesnt like Dynaheir, yeah so okay she doesnt look too good... But good mage, who cares if her intelligence is 17, not as if your gonna teach her everyspell. Plus Minsc is an added bonus. Fireball is also a very useful spell, when u first get her...
Personally I didn't pick up Dynaheir because I didn't want to pick up Minsc (yes I know you can kill him but I didn't know then). Also Dynaheir can't ID which I consider essential in a mage. So I chose Xan - I regret it now. Xan can ID, ok, but he can't do things like Fireball, Aganazar's whatsitcalled, Lightning etc. I use my mages as combat mages, and Xan is lacking in that respect. And later you have more than enough money to ID everything you find. So I say - choose Dynaheir. Or better yet, play a Transmuter or an Illusionist (they can do both ID and attack spells, if I remember correctly) at the beginning of the game. Transmuter is my favorite.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote