Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 07:39 PM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Um - it's because he used the word 'trash' isn't it?

Unfortunate choice of word, Sir Kenyth!
Ok, you didn't have much - but you clearly had more than THEY did - you had stuff to steal!
In their eyes, you were a 'have', and they were 'have nots'. And you know, if you think of people as 'trash', it shows in your face and your attitude.
I have been in really bad areas in my city and in London. I have been into the homes of many people who could be considered 'trash'. MOST of them are not. They are perfectly nice people with problems, and for the most part, if you treat them as you would any decent person, they behave decently too.
Not all of them. But most. YOUR attitude, MY attitude, make a huge difference to how we treat others and are treated by them.
NO-ONE is 'trash', Sir Kenyth.

Good point! I suppose there are some who would consider me trash. I suppose it depends on your where you're looking from.
Old 10-02-2001, 07:40 PM   #12
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Trash - bad word. Anyway, Cheetah is off to beddy bye now, so here's wishing you a very good night, Sir K, and good night to you as well, madame Fljotsdale!

Goodnight Cheetah. Pleasant dreams!
Old 10-02-2001, 07:45 PM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I for one have no problem with what many people consider "trash". Many "trash" people are good people, just dont make that much money. Neither do I, must be why I sympathise Not that I'm poor, but financialy stretched would be accurate. A guy asked me for a ride today when I was at the convenience store, and I drove him there. "Trash" is a judgement call, I determined the guy who wanted the ride wasnt trash and I took him right to where he wanted( and yes it was on the way lol).
However there are real "TRASH" people like Sir Kenyth refers to. There is only one way to deal with them, and thats to be aggresive in defending what you have. Like Sir Kenyth I know this from experience. I live in a decent neighborhood now but prior to this my apartment was robbed 3 times. I suspected who it was but could not prove it. The cops didnt do shit of course. Should I get back into that situation I will be doing my own investigation, with my Mini-14 assault rifle as back-up. Thieves have stolen thousands from me, I'm fed up.
Old 10-02-2001, 07:58 PM   #14
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I for one have no problem with what many people consider "trash". Many "trash" people are good people, just dont make that much money. Neither do I, must be why I sympathise Not that I'm poor, but financialy stretched would be accurate. A guy asked me for a ride today when I was at the convenience store, and I drove him there. "Trash" is a judgement call, I determined the guy who wanted the ride wasnt trash and I took him right to where he wanted( and yes it was on the way lol).
However there are real "TRASH" people like Sir Kenyth refers to. There is only one way to deal with them, and thats to be aggresive in defending what you have. Like Sir Kenyth I know this from experience. I live in a decent neighborhood now but prior to this my apartment was robbed 3 times. I suspected who it was but could not prove it. The cops didnt do shit of course. Should I get back into that situation I will be doing my own investigation, with my Mini-14 assault rifle as back-up. Thieves have stolen thousands from me, I'm fed up.
My sons mother lived in Charlotte for a while. It definately has some bad areas. I've heard that they've started doing cross-bussing to "Spread children of all backgrounds equally throughout the surrounding schools." All it seemed to accomplish was having my son robbed of his brand new game boy that I had just got him, in what should have been a good school. He was only seven and didn't need that kind of experience. Don't tell me that his parents didn't notice the child had a new game boy either. I would have personally flipped if my son had something like that and I didn't know where he got it.
Old 10-02-2001, 08:00 PM   #15
www.cffl.com

Not to me

Old 10-02-2001, 08:01 PM   #16
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by www.cffl.com:
Not to me
Pardon?
Old 10-02-2001, 08:09 PM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

LoA, I have seen your pic. on the forum website...you are a very strong guy! How anyone would have the balls to steal anything from you is beyond me!

The would-be thieves that were in my yard the other night now know that my neighbor beside me keeps an eye out for me, as well as I do for her. They also know that I come sneaking around my house with a quarter-staff spinning, so they know I am going to use it if they give me the chance.

When I read the original post, and I see the word trash being used to refer to people, I assume that he is using that word like I would call somebody a little freak'n piece of crap fool.... I felt he was using it to express his anger at the certain people responsible for his woes, and not as a stereotypical profile of a particular class of folk.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 08:20 PM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
LoA, I have seen your pic. on the forum website...you are a very strong guy! How anyone would have the balls to steal anything from you is beyond me!

The would-be thieves that were in my yard the other night now know that my neighbor beside me keeps an eye out for me, as well as I do for her. They also know that I come sneaking around my house with a quarter-staff spinning, so they know I am going to use it if they give me the chance.

When I read the original post, and I see the word trash being used to refer to people, I assume that he is using that word like I would call comebody a little freak'n piece of crap fool.... I felt he was using it to express his anger at the certain people responsible for his woes, and not as a stereotypical profile of a particular class of folk.

Yup! That's what I meant. By the way, CUTE kid!