Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I've got Amonem but is there anyone else?. I don't think there is just asking. I've got Jaherie and she's cool but I just wonder if there's a better cleric around.

Warby
Old 10-27-2001, 07:47 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'd say, keep anomen. He's great once he's high leveled. His fighting skills are uber with Crom Faeyr. He gets good hp, and his quest bonus is worth it. Go with him, u'll like him.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-27-2001, 07:51 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Warby:
I've got Amonem but is there anyone else?. I don't think there is just asking. I've got Jaherie and she's cool but I just wonder if there's a better cleric around.

Warby
No. You can have Anomen, Aerie, Viconia, or Jaheira. I won't
include Cernd because he's the worst of the bunch. Aerie, well.
Never was a big fan. I would rate Anomen the best, followed by
Jaheira, Viconia, Aerie, then wimpy.

Old 10-27-2001, 08:34 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

Yes, keep Anomen, he gets really good later on in the game

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-27-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

In my previous game I had Sir Amonem at lvl 15 before I was gonna get the boat. But cause I didn't get any dreams I started again with a cause the bug mightof messed the game up and I could't do anything with my cleric cause he was a half-orc and so couldn't be duel classed so this time I've chosen a Necromancer. I was a Cleric of lathanda before. I found the undead no problem with 2 clerics especially at lvl 15.Kinda fun watching them all exploding without lifting a finger. Shame I had to start again. Thanks for your help anyway.

Warby
Old 10-28-2001, 02:18 AM   #6
Byronas

Anomen is the best cleric in the game. You should keep him.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-28-2001, 03:36 AM   #7
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm... what's so bad with Aerie?!?! Except for not exceptionally high HP's(actually, one of the worst), she's both a cleric and a mage... and rather pretty to boot...
Old 10-28-2001, 05:03 AM   #8
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by mans:
Hmmm... what's so bad with Aerie?!?! Except for not exceptionally high HP's(actually, one of the worst), she's both a cleric and a mage... and rather pretty to boot...
Aerie's not totally useless but as she's multiclassed she simply can't achieve the XP to match a pure cleric like Viconia or a nearly-pure cleric like Anomen. I mean they will get to 20-21 which is pretty godlike, turn-undead-wise
Old 10-28-2001, 06:00 AM   #9
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

What do you mean Cernd is the worst of the bunch!!! At high levels his shapechange is just awesome. He regenerates hitpoints almost as fast as with the Ring of Regeneration and his stats are brilliant. Plus high level druid spells have high casting times for a good reason - they ROCK. I strongly recommend trying Insect Plague just for a laugh on a group of goblins or similar. I also personally like Cernd as he has some of the weirdest and funniest lines in the game. Is it just me or is there a blossoming romance between Cernd and Edwina? Very, very, odd.

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast
Old 10-28-2001, 06:04 AM   #10
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

1. Sir Anomen
2.Aerie
3.jaheria
4.Cernd
5.viciona

in order for good parties