Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-26-2001, 08:04 PM   #11
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Thanks for this info,
I might give kit creation a go after my exams are over (heck, it seems as though these damn exams are NEVER going to be finished!) as I have a couple of ideas I want to try out. Although it probably won't be long until ToB, so everything else may go on hold for a while

I know what you mean. I have gone two weeks without ANY BG2 because of the bloody things!

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-26-2001, 09:26 PM   #12
n00bies
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone who knows how to make kits could help me with the ability things Please? Just email me thnx.

------------------
"Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little" -Elminster of Shadowdale

"Dragons? Splendid things, lad - so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off..." -Astragarl Hornwood
Old 05-26-2001, 11:14 PM   #13
n00bies
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone tell me how to edit weapons? I want to make a weapon to go with the kit but when i go in Infinity Explorer to edit a weapon it won't let me change things. help!

------------------
"Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little" -Elminster of Shadowdale

"Dragons? Splendid things, lad - so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off..." -Astragarl Hornwood
Old 05-26-2001, 11:24 PM   #14
BladeMaster

in order to edit an item you need to export the item with shadowkeeper and then use Infinity Engine Editor

------------------

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 05-26-2001).]

Old 05-27-2001, 04:06 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for this info,
I might give kit creation a go after my exams are over (heck, it seems as though these damn exams are NEVER going to be finished!) as I have a couple of ideas I want to try out. Although it probably won't be long until ToB, so everything else may go on hold for a while

Epona, if you want to give kit creation a go, wait till after you install ToB (if you're going to do that soon after it comes out. ToB will overwrite your 2DA files and the dialog.tlk file so you may as well do it after ToB comes out, so you only modify them once.

If you can't wait, well then that's another story.

------------------
Old 05-27-2001, 09:25 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Epona, if you want to give kit creation a go, wait till after you install ToB (if you're going to do that soon after it comes out. ToB will overwrite your 2DA files and the dialog.tlk file so you may as well do it after ToB comes out, so you only modify them once.

If you can't wait, well then that's another story.

OOooh no, I can wait! It is ToB that will be top of my priorities list (gawd, aren't I SAD, I must try & remember it's just a flipping game!!!).
I can't wait to play it. Only then will I start on my kits. It may be a while, because I haven't yet played every 'legal' kit in BGII, and I do like to be thorough...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-27-2001, 02:23 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
OOooh no, I can wait! It is ToB that will be top of my priorities list (gawd, aren't I SAD, I must try & remember it's just a flipping game!!!).
I can't wait to play it. Only then will I start on my kits. It may be a while, because I haven't yet played every 'legal' kit in BGII, and I do like to be thorough...

LOL, I hadn't even played a 3rd of them before I started using custom kits. The in-game ones are mostly crap. I mean berserker? Wow, so he has 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage. And the wizard slayer has 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage. If u want a REAL kit u gotta have at least 5 or 6 of each IMHO.

There's no point in waiting for ToB if u wanna make kits. I don't think ToB will overwrite many 2da files, certainly not the ones to do with the kits because there is only 1 new kit- the Wild Mage and that is already included in the 2da files. The 2da files that will be updated are XPCap.2da and maybe a few others, but as I say I think the majority will be left alone. Besides, u can always make a copy of the 2das u edited and then copy/paste the extra info for your kits into the ToB ones after insallation.
The Final reason there is no point in waiting cos of the 2das is that, the 2da editing is only about 5% of the kit making process. Most of it will be making spell effects to apply resistances, special abilities and bonuses etc.

The dialog.tlk file will be overwritten, sure, but there are only 2 entries to be made for each kit- one for the kit name and 1 for the description. And then u put the reference numbers into kitlist.2da. This is a 30-second process.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-27-2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 03:24 PM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It would be nice if someone made an easy-to-use editor for making kits, it would allow everyone to make kits, however it might also flood the web with crap kits.
Old 05-27-2001, 05:21 PM   #19
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Like the thing would get the nitty gritty done for you so oyu could just type the name, powers, and what kit it is under!

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY!

Old 05-27-2001, 06:44 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Nah, there's no point... that is basicly what u do anyway.. u just type in the stat modifications and what abilities the kit gains at what level, except that u do it in a text editor instead of some fancy-ass utility. And there is already IEEP for editing spells. Some people are never satisfied. Everyone should just be happy that they don't have to hex-edit .spl and .itm files just to make items and spells! Has anyone actually bothered to go to teambg and thank TL for developing and constantly updating IEEP for example? Instead ppl just say "someone should make this, someone should make that...". I'm not having a go at anyone in particular, just pointing out a few home-truths .

Neb u are right, hehe the net would get flooded with crap kits and remember, the more there is of something.. the lower its value....