Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-05-2001, 08:01 AM   #1
Lord Shield

I've seen lots of threads about favourite characters and new characters. But what MONSTER opponents would everyone like to see? I wouldn't mind a run through dinosaurs like in the old D&D module "Isle of Dread" oe AD&D module "Isle of the Ape" (a King Kong rip-off. I polymorphed Kong into an armadillo and we squished him - that will teach him not to roll 1 on his Saving Throw)

Old 04-05-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
dafan

Blackmen from the tolkien storys... really mighty wizzards.. not like in this game much harder which you have to do somethiing spectacular to manage... demi-gods that are evil but when defeated they will realize their misstake and give some great awards....

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-05-2001, 08:32 AM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I've seen lots of threads about favourite characters and new characters. But what MONSTER opponents would everyone like to see? I wouldn't mind a run through dinosaurs like in the old D&D module "Isle of Dread" oe AD&D module "Isle of the Ape" (a King Kong rip-off. I polymorphed Kong into an armadillo and we squished him - that will teach him not to roll 1 on his Saving Throw)
*Oh my God!* You've played through "Isle of Dread"?! I thought I was the only person who had even heard of that module. Did you like it? I recall finding it kind of boring at the time. Our DM was much better in dungeon settings than wilderness settings. He didn't really know how to run a good outdoor campaign.

As far as monsters, I'd like to see more and varied dragons of different ages. I also think it would be cool to see more wilderness creatures like: Will o' the Wisp, Brownies, Pixies, Sprites, Treants, Sylphs, etc. Also, more giantkin would be nice.

------------------

My *God* man...would you *please* eat something!?
Old 04-05-2001, 08:34 AM   #4
Lord Shield

It came free with the "Exoert set". When I played through it, it was boring. However, I GMed it using the DC Hero system, and it was much more fun! (the characters won't superheros but we liked the DC system)

Old 04-05-2001, 08:38 AM   #5
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

I want more BIG creatures!! Just as the Adamantine / Iron Golem or those nifty Dragons they're cool!!
please, create something bigger than the dragons
Old 04-05-2001, 11:43 AM   #6
Lord Shield

How about a nice cuddly Tarrasque?
I'm sure you could whip him no worries!
hee hee

Old 04-05-2001, 12:24 PM   #7
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Gorgons, or pretty much any of the Greek Mythology monsters, Titans, Kraken, Pegasus etc etc.. a BG II set in ancient greece would be immensely fun.

------------------
Asphyxiate
Old 04-05-2001, 03:31 PM   #8
ShadowUK

Some good old fashoined giants wielding tree trunks as clubs............

------------------
Old 04-05-2001, 03:36 PM   #9
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

As I have started on other threads I will put Water Elementals. If they dont put them in its just not right. You nedd all 4 elements to make the set.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-05-2001, 03:42 PM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I too would like to see at least 1 giant
There isn't even so much as a Hill Giant in the game. Where did they get the girdle of Frost Giant strength if there aren't any Frost Giants?

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!