Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-18-2001, 03:46 PM   #121
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Aww thanks Bilqis. I thought I'd scared you off. Thanks for the msg.

Scared me off? Did you do something scary? Maybe I missed something... where's the thread?

I'm not easily scared away Yorick.

Yah.. where the heck IS Stealthy anyway?

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:55 AM   #122
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

*bump*
Old 05-19-2001, 09:11 AM   #123
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Far out I had an interesting night. I have an idea as to one reason why the Irish are so talented at the music they play: If they are not brilliant they are told to shut up.

I went to a couple of Inns here in Galway and caught some very good trad Irish music. Fiddles, whistles, flutes, pipes, accordians, guitars, etc etc. oh and of course a Bodhran. The bodhran player though was from Melbourne Australia, and had bought my first single nine years ago!

So I got him to give me some pointers on the Bodhran, an Irish drum. I was playing away - not too badly either, just not like I'd been playing for twenty years like some of the players - when this old Irish fellow came up to me and said,
"Could you shot the foch op!"

I've never been told to stop making music in my life. When I turned to look at him closer he walked away shaking his head in incredulity. I asked my Australian tutor if I was playing badly and he said,
"No, the Irish are funny like that. They'll come up to you and say 'You're shit, shut up'".

The music was damn good though. I was blown away by the talent, and it was in free pubs! Galway is a very vibey town. It was like one big street party at times. I met a Scottish Bagpiping busker, resplendant with long orange hair and beard who looked like he was from Braveheart. Great guy though, he's invited me to a party tonight!

I also met a troup of percussionists who were asked to move on because of the crowd that had gathered. The Garda (sp?) were worried about a RIOT! What a riot!

Anyhow, I've bought some Celtic music, am going to head to some barren coast and play the tin whistle I just bought (to replace one that broke last year).
Oh yeah, I also met a heap of French speaking Celts from Brittany up here.

Cheerio!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 05-19-2001).]
Old 05-19-2001, 09:45 AM   #124
Moiraine
Anubis

Oh, Yorick, your last night seems wonderful ! You give all of us dreams ! Being single holds SOME advantages ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-27-2001, 06:10 AM   #125
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm at Stealthy's!!!!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-27-2001, 06:30 AM   #126
Moiraine
Anubis

And good morning to both of you, Traveller, Scottish skeleton !

So tell, tell, how is Scotland today, StealthHugh ? Here it is sunny sunny sunny, and we also have a traveller guest, a friend of Luc that I like very much, he is a wandering journalist and brought us amazing photos and stories about Bhoutan, have you ever been there ? Very curious little country.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-27-2001, 07:38 AM   #127
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
And good morning to both of you, Traveller, Scottish skeleton !

So tell, tell, how is Scotland today, StealthHugh ? Here it is sunny sunny sunny, and we also have a traveller guest, a friend of Luc that I like very much, he is a wandering journalist and brought us amazing photos and stories about Bhoutan, have you ever been there ? Very curious little country.

I wrote a piece of music called "Bhutan". I've never been to that cute little Himalayan country. I'd love to. Give the guy a hello from me.

Old 05-27-2001, 08:40 AM   #128
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I wrote a piece of music called "Bhutan". I've never been to that cute little Himalayan country. I'd love to. Give the guy a hello from me.

That I will ! He is a happy guy, being a journalist specialized into science and mostly telecommunications and satellits, so his job consists in travelling the world ! He happens to see things that no many foreigners do, he brings back amazing stories, and as he is also a wonderful storyteller, so Luc and I are having a great time.

I'd like very much to listen to that song. You should really go to Bhutan one day, from what I heard, you would have a great time.

------------------

The world is my oyster !