Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 09:12 PM   #1
Silverleaf Halfmoon

Hi! Can you please tell me where are these items in the game?

Silver Hilt (to join with the silver blade to create the Vorpal Sword)
Girdle of Frost Giant Strenght (piece to the Axe that gives you 25 strg)

Thanks for reading!

Old 11-30-2000, 09:16 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

If you have the silver blade from the Githyanki it's only a matter of time. They will come to you and ask you for the balde; refuse and they will fight you and after you've killed em you find the hilt on the body.
The girdle of F.G. strength is in the Kuo-Tuan dungeon in the underdark
Sacrifice an animal on the statue and 5 demon lords (!) will appear which you will have to slay to get the girdle
Old 11-30-2000, 10:08 PM   #3
Armisael

Incidentally those demon lords are very, very tough. The only way I found to beat them was to summon everything I could - two fire elementals, a mordie's sword, and two skeleton warriors. They level drain, hit for incredible damage and cast spells like power word / symbol stun / fear.

Old 12-01-2000, 07:05 AM   #4
Suul-Yinn

Yep they sure are tough, but a pit fiend did for them no problem. Don't forget to cast protection from evil first though, as I found to my cost...

Old 12-01-2000, 07:44 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

SuulYiin you must've been really lucky, I beat them with my group first time, but i was curious as to how a pit fiend would go against them and they pretty much minced him. They're immune to his demon fear and to a large extent his fireballs.
Old 12-01-2000, 08:21 AM   #6
Armisael

Stupid things kept on trying to cast horror on my mordie's sword. Ha ha ha. Anyway, I don't trust pit fiends, if they don't ignore my protection from evil they nail me with their blasted fireballs.

Old 12-01-2000, 04:39 PM   #7
Silverleaf Halfmoon

Thank you all for your answers! They have been very helpfull! But, alas... i am already in chapter 6... is there anyway i can get the girdle os frost giant strenght now?

Thanks once again

Old 12-01-2000, 09:08 PM   #8
Armisael

You can go back into the Underdark. You'll pop out somewhere in the Kuo Toa dungeon. Wander around. When you get hit by a flamestrike trap, you'll know you're on the right path.