Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2001, 04:55 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I guess I don't understand everything going on. I don't want to see anyone get their feelings hurt. The only thing that hurts me is when someone leaves. I have thought the point of this part of the board is to have some fun and help others over rough spots. I don't know if some people are taking things too seriously or not. I just enjoy the camaraderie--it really brightens up my day at work. I like to think I can say something to help someone going through a rough time (we all go through rough times). If I've done anything to offend or hurt, I apologize. If others have to you, I really do not believethat it is intentional. I don't have time to read all the posts, and so maybe I'm not aware of things going on that are hurtful (I personally haven't observed that.)

I like to think of this board as a place I can go to let my hair down, laugh, joke, tease, share the pain, and cry with the people here.

That's about it.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-21-2001, 09:52 PM   #2
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah. What she said.

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ME THREE!!

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-22-2001, 01:30 AM   #4
JJ/newbie

me four. don't go in for the soap opera life, rl or otherwise. living in permanent angst is a painful, counterproductive process of lurching from calamity to disaster to misunderstanding with nary a thought.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-22-2001, 01:32 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hey thats me JJ/newbie!!!! hehe i live an angst life... and i get what you mean!

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-22-2001, 01:33 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Absolutely.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-22-2001, 02:54 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I agree too, and also wants to insure everyone that if I have hurt anyones feelings, it is not intentional. If I have I´m truly sorry, and if I do, tell me at once! Because we are here to have fun, help each other and meet new interesting people from all over gathered by our interest in these games and in roleplaying and in having fun.

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-24-2001, 01:55 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just bumping this for Reeka as she won't be online for a while.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-24-2001, 02:03 PM   #9
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Hear Hear Reeka!! Very well put and I agree wholeheartedly. (and with everyone else too. )

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. (new member of TLH)
Old 03-25-2001, 03:02 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you saved me starting a similar message Reeka!

For the record, I role-play here a fair amount. And when I do, I understand it's as if I have taken on a 'role' on the stage. The real ME is acting...the role is the character I'm being for the moment... StormCloud is not me, she's Black Knight's main squeeze...HE is not Black Knight when he's off the board and we are both fully aware that we are playing a game here. That said, I'll say that the 'real' BK and I are friends outside the roles. And as such we are careful not to hurt each other intentionally or otherwise. But I hope that everyone new to the idea (or lurking - HI out there!) can understand the concept of separating real self from acting role and that the playacting should NOT be taken seriously by anyone. It's easy to do, I know! Hey, when Stormy got 'dumped' on Valentine's day...I felt a pang! LOL But more like I'd just read a sad chapter in a good book, than ME being the one dumped...does that make sense? I sympathized with Stormy like she was a 'separate person', not myself...

I guess the best thing I can use would be just take your favorite actor or actress and imagine that after they shoot their scenes they don't continue behaving like that character! If they are friends with the other actor who plays the bad guy, they don't come out swinging/shooting at the guy when the scene is over! They go for a beer or coffee and talk about the difficult stunt in tomorrow's shoot or the last movie either of them caught or who should get the Oscar......you get the idea!

So, go out and have fun, but remember, it is only for fun! And I enjoy the company of each and every one of you. You make the board a lively, interesting place to be and I am so very grateful for that!

I do like to be ME here too...just fyi, I try to remember to sign things Cloudy or CB when it's "me" talking. I have so many names, I feel like a multiple personality most days!

I can't keep up with half the things I'd like to here anymore...not enough time! So I'm not always aware of things, either, Reeka! I'll join you in the "don't understand everything that's going on" line!

Cloudy