Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-17-2001, 03:45 AM   #1
Krede
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'v just got Win2k installed an i can't get DarkStone - I have an TNT2 Riva graf card and i dont uderstand a s*** about what u guys are talking about when you say all that about the drivers an stuff... i need in a easy way so please help me...

Krede

------------------
Krede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 04:07 AM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Please don't take this the wrong way, but part of the hassle (or fun for masochists) of owning a pc is the fact that it's constantly changing. Getting hold of drivers for your hardware and other stuff like applying software patches is something you will have to do sooner or later.

Don't be discouraged.

My advice would be to find a friend who knows how to download and install software and ask them how to do it. I know how to do it myself and could try to talk you through the basic process, but if you are really not sure about this sort of thing, you really need someone sitting beside you to help out the first time you do it.

Swallow your pride and ask - believe me you will only have to be shown it once, then you will have mastered the process

Hope this helps

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 12:38 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I agree with Mouse if you have someone that can help you through this process the first time go that route. Also when you try to install it what happens? Does it give you an error message? Also did you try to run the setup program directly from the cd? If so what happened?

If you want to update the drivers here are a couple of things you can try.

This link is the link for TNT2/NVIDIA drivers. I would pick the first option which is the Windows 2000 Driver (v12.41) self extracting installer.
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000
Look to the left of the page and you will the link to download them.

Also you need to run Windows update to get the latest Direct X. To do that in IE click Tools > Windows Update > (when the page loads) Product Updates. Scroll down the list and pick the things you think might help you wil probally need to do this a couple of times. Because Direct X requires that it and only it be downloaded and installed itself. You probally want to get the compatability updates also. The security updates might not be a bad thing either. Pick and choose what you want.
Now this only covers you video stuff you need to do the same thing for sound also. Hence if you hve a Sound Blaster you need to go to that site and get the drivers for you card. Also do not think that the wrong drives will not install if you do not have that card. Sometimes they will and that can make your system go funky. So if any doubt try and get some help from someone you know.

[This message has been edited by Granamere (edited 06-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Granamere (edited 06-18-2001).]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 04:19 PM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Did this help? Have you got it installed?
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote