Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-04-2003, 11:41 PM   #1
ezekill
Dungeon Master

Who else thinks that it is stupid that you cant have more appearance options,
ie. Long hair, short hair, fat, thin, tall short, fighter can look like mages, monks or whatever, hat, no hat (my blademaster with a pointy wizard hat, YEAH!)
skimpy armour for chicks etc, change face appearance. That would be cooler than, if your a male fighter, you wear a too small vest and have a bowl cut!
Wea5el 5ide<br />Dont fly those stripes those stars and stripes for me, they stand for greed they stand for hate, but nothing I believe, dont fly those stars and stripes for me, the word America means freedom as in, Free to kill the Free. <br /> - Anti-Flag
ezekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:52 PM   #2
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Well, that's why fighters wear armor. I'm happy with the sprites they use for the characters. I'd rather they spend the time making the different types of armor look different than with cosmetic effects. Especially since you don't see your character close-up.

If you want the ability to totally play with the character's appearance, go for a game like Dungeon Siege (plus you can actually get close enough to see your character's face). In BG2, once you put on your armor and helmet, any cosmetic differences wouldn't be noticable anyway.

Portraits on the other hand...
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

it should be nice but not really have a goal in the game because....your barbarian isn't there to hook up with a model agency.. he is here to slice up some bad a** orks and all of the other vile scum in the forgotten realms... it would make BG II even more detailed ofcorse but... who cares ? only thing that is really nasty are the new avatars in your inventory screen... they would glady take a metamorpeses (sp??) because they look like REAL F****** CR*P....

[ 02-06-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-06-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
Aurum
Manshoon

Question Mark

Yeah, but it's possible, maybe is a files enormus, imagine BG in 10 or 20 cd's.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:02 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurum:
Yeah, but it's possible, maybe is a files enormus, imagine BG in 10 or 20 cd's.
I thought 5 cds (6 with Extension) is enough