Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-15-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

finally brought and played it yesterday (it's a CD that no manual with it except for the instruction booklet inside of the case.)

here are my feelings about this game in my first time out:
the INtroduction is GREAT, such details of that dragon, the monks were SO in trouble.......
now I keep my characters fed
had a weird feel of the game... had trouble guiding my characters... liked the 'Zoom in and out' method.
after I killed the creature, I left a trail of bloody footprints KEWL!
enjoyed the training section in the town especially when the goblins were helpless...
I need money but the creatures does not come often ...how?
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:20 AM   #2
GranamereWork
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you like the zoom out method hit your (. del) key on your number pad with the num lock off. This will give you the ability to zoom out further. Also patch the game to sp 1.05b. Not sure but it seemed that after it was patched up get more money. There are other features of the patches so make sure you read the patch update files to know about the new stuff. Other wise the respawning creatures and other stuff will through you.
GranamereWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:22 PM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
I need money but the creatures does not come often ...how?
In the early stages, money is a prob, just pick up and sell any dropped items from kills in town.

To get max money, my tactic is Repair => Identify => Sell

P.S. Just to make you jealous, I have over 136 million in the bank

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:48 PM   #4
adam warlock

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:

P.S. Just to make you jealous, I have over 136 million in the bank

no I'm not

thank you for the suggestions

Old 06-15-2001, 05:00 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well, Mouse, I am jealous!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 08:01 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

Hmm, did you use the dodgy gold cheat? It can be easily done but you need 10001 gold to start doing it (and two characters). I don't bother cheating but that's one of the obvious ones that I noticed. Oh, and BTW, did you actually watch that intro (the way that there were four monks but only three got burned (count the bodies flying by in the flames, time it, and you'll notice that at that particular velocity it's impossible for the fourth one to get burned, the flames move at a different speed to the monks and impede you're vision a bit but common sense shall prevail). Apart from that minor annoyance it's a pretty good game.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 02:02 PM   #7
adam warlock

well that's interesting .... I made a mistake of entering the next level...
two guys appeared and kicked the $#!t out of me.... suddenly I hear: "Help!" "Please Help!" "Help!"
needless to say, my characters died....
is there a way to increase the appearance of the bad guys in order to increase the experience points?

Old 06-16-2001, 02:19 PM   #8
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Of a couple of things. First hot keys use them! f5-f8. These will let you use a potion without right clicking on it. Second my tactic is always have berserker cast. This will speed up your attacks and heal you when you have been hit. Third is the little white bar on the mana line. Thios is one you will have to figure out for yourself what level? to set it to. Anyway drag the line down to about half way for testing. set you spell to healing. When you get badly hurt it will automaticly cast the spell for you. good part your alive bad part if you put it at the bottom you could be out of spell points. Also this will only cast the spell selected. Works well with Antidote and snake or spider areas. I hope this helps.

Sorry I did not fully answer the question. If you are on sp 1.05b monsters will respawn when you leave the area and come back. So if you want to get some extra XP bounce between the last two levels of a dungeon before moving on.

[This message has been edited by Granamere (edited 06-16-2001).]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote