Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Ironworks Forum For those playing TES Skyrim

I would recommend,for all that play Skyrim, to try it out - and remmember to get the new shout that comes with it too!

I read something about Alexander J. Velicky on the internet - some geek who really wanted to be a part of Bethesda - and what better way to get an invitation for that than making an obscenely huge fan-mod. I was....reluctant....to try it out cause we all know that Bethesda's work can not be outdone in any way - and yet after 2˝ days of playing the mod called "Falskaar" I am forced to admit that this is the best, biggest and surely most involving expansion ( calling it a mod is simply an insult ) that I've ever seen created by a fan. It's roughly about 20-30 hours of added gaming time if you do all quests and the voice-acting is IMMENSELY entertaning. I actually heard a Bandit Marauder moan "Unnnfair" as I beheaded him with my blade and another begging for his life while crawling on the floor as my vampire companion ( Serana ) was draining his life from him - funny as hell ( well it seemed funnier in game than it does in text ). Unfortunately for Velicky he did not get a position with Bethesda, but he got instant fan-fame for his work - not that he can use that for a lot

I am finally beginning to see the end of the adventures for my Nord Warrior Odin ( shield and blade style with light armor - currently full glass armor, lightning enchanted ebony blade called Blade of Storms He is able to smash and stab his way through most stuff - actually it's only Dragon Priests and the rare occasion that I get TWO Blood dragons to attack me at the same time that is challenging - but I just hit 30 and that will make it even harder - going from blood dragons to ancient dragons and basically upgrading every minor bandit to a marauder or worse *I shutter at the thought*

Next adventure will be my mage I think ---> I've got Midas enhanced magic installed too - it gives 1200 new spells ( yes 1...2...0...0... you read it correctly twelve hundred!!! ) it's insane and I will never get them all - but it sure is fun to use Force burst - you just slam the ground and a wave of kinetic energy will BLOW people away as if they got hit by a full shout of FUS-RO-DAH.

...now that I am forced to think about it I am thinking of doing a priest character too - one-handed mace and healing spells ( Midas Magic also includes some attack spells against undead for restoration line mages )...bwaaaah....

Mmmmh....I am ranting....I am bored today and I am taking it out on the Ironworkspeople Mwuhahahahaha.....

The list of my most important mods:
Shenks Thievery overhaul ( adds night watchmen og dogs in shops and homes and vaults in the largest cities ) also adds new ways of "stealthing" in the cities.
Midas Magic - make magic even better - its balanced so no "point and they're dead stuff*
Bosmer Armor - one of the best armor packs out there - looks amazing and is pretty easy to make - there is a quest later on for making ranger armor.
Falskaar - HUGE & IMPRESSIVE - fully on level with Dawnguard ( I haven't tried Dragonborn yet - am about to hit the island later today ).
Psijic clothing - craft unenchanted psijic clothes ( a little expensive )
More dragonloot - nuthing huge - adds a random magic item to the dragons dead body.
More dragons - basically doubles the amount of random dragon encounters.
Dragon stone - swap souls for perks
Fingleam - original helmet from oblivion gives det.life, waterbreather and nightvision.

I also just installed the Alderomi Dominion - Adding a huuuuuge base of operations for the high elves Thalmor faction - I am gonna enjoy setting that on flames later tonight!!!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: For those playing TES Skyrim

You make me wish that fan-mods/expansions were available on console.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote