Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-28-2001, 10:58 AM   #11
Kitty
Manshoon

I have done it myself also, but I finished the game just twice. I've even created characters of all classes and their respective kits, exported them, but most have never started the game yet.
I've already used monk, fighter/thief, berserker, standard fighter, fighter/mage, thief/mage, undead hunter, Priest of Helm, Sorcerer and Assassin, but actually, the ones with whom I finished the game were the undead hunter and the standard fighter; and I'm about to finish my third game with another fighter (the berserker).
Next time I promise I'll have the courage to finish the game with a spellcaster!
Old 09-28-2001, 04:13 PM   #12
hagimihale
Manshoon

LOL Looks like this is a common theme. I'm a newbie to this place - just got the game about a month ago. I'm still on my original game (in chapter 3 currently) although I stopped at one point midway through chapter 2 and restarted at start of chapter 2 to change my party makeup.

Using a sorcerer at present, with Minsc, Jaheira, Jan, Anomen, and Keldorn.

That being said... I can relate to this thread. I am already looking forward to my 2nd run through the game. Will probably play as a Paladin (undead hunter sounds cool?) and might add a 2nd NPC (Elvin Archer w/19dex and GM for Gesen bow?).

There are other classes I want to try but I like the interaction between the NPCs and thus dont want to use too many created characters in one shot.

At some point, an evil party with Edwin, Korgan, and Viconia is in the works as well.

I DO wonder how long I'll do my current game before I get bored and try the 2nd good party. Do most of you finish with your 1st or 2nd try, or do you fiddle around with different party makeups before finding one you like and THEN finish with that one?
Old 09-28-2001, 04:31 PM   #13
Dakkon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm....interesting, much interesting indeed.
Well , that startin' over plague is a very known problem.
The shrinks call it in their professional language "BGHWIP" (means : Baldur's Gate Half Way Impotence Phenomenon".
It means that the subject can't be brave/strong/bored enough to play the game until the end.
The sad thing is that Viegra (sp?) wont help against this problem although I've heard that a little vacation from IE (Infinity Engine) games might help (recommended vacation time : 2-3 weeks).
J/K...
Old 09-28-2001, 05:32 PM   #14
Bhaalthazar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow! I thought this was just my problem, too!

Anyway about particulars: I've played BGII-SoA and ToB through with Paladin protagonists and Elven Fighter/Mage protagonists before starting to obsessively fool around with evil bards & mages.
In one case I played a Monk just far enough to get the Castle.
---Bhaalthazar
Old 09-28-2001, 05:49 PM   #15
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Aaaahhh yes, there us another among the ranks.
I am a sorcerer and it is good to see newbie sorcerers, so many people go for those damn fighters with there infernal swords... I oughta kill em all with a good ol finger of death!
Old 09-28-2001, 08:51 PM   #16
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm guilty of the same thing (restarting without completion, I mean).

I am sooooooooo sick of Irenicus' dungeon! I can even more or less quote what he says at the start scene:

"Ahh, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more... experiments."

*ZIIINNGG!* (whatever spells he's hurling)

"Interesting. You have much untapped power."

*ZIIIIINNNNGG!*

"Urghh!" (protagonist moaning)

"Do you even realise your potential?!"

etc, etc.

Anyway, I must have restarted about 10 times and am so relieved to know I'm not the only one
Old 09-28-2001, 10:54 PM   #17
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

everytime i come to this forum i get new ideas to try. right now ive got a "to do" list that includes berserker/cleric, swashbuckler/mage, and jester.

i was about to go get the lanthorn for elhan but nah, i'll just start over i already know how it ends
Old 09-28-2001, 11:07 PM   #18
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Amergin I have a suggestion for your todo list. I was rather fond of the berserker cleric idea and then I discovered the ranger/cleric. while not quite up to the berserker cleric's melee ability a range is a good fighter and your ranger/cleric can cast druid spells!