Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-23-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
Xan the Enchanter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Though I am certainly not new to gaming. I know, I know, introductory threads, right?

Well I like introductions. They make for good ice breaking.~.^

A bit about me username:

Everywhere outside the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter communities I am known as Psi Yamaneko. Everywhere. o_o If you visit some website somewhere and see a Psi Yamaneko there is a good chance it is me. I am something of an internet busybody.

As for the "Xan" thing. Yah, there is something of a stigma attatched to calling yourself after characters but oh well. The "Xan" username predates "Psi Yamaneko" and I've always used it in the Baldur's Gate fan forums. Most in particular Interplay's which I had been a member of since the first release of BG 1. ((Anybody here use to go the INTERPLAY forums? The Xan there was me. ^^;; Infamous host of the Xan Show.))

Now I have, of course, played other games than Baldur's Gate/BG II.

I have also played

-Icewind Dale (never finished for some reason)
-Icewind Dale II (I am at the Final Boss. I'll beat the game, I promise!)
-Planescape Torment (Also never finished because I haven't ever found the time. I got it fairly recently)
-Neverwinter Nights Platinum (Just got it a couple weeks ago! I am a Bard, call me crazy!_
-The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon (You can't beat this one. Bethesda forgot to make it end.)

Aaand. . .that's it for the games that people here would be interested in. ^^;

Any noodle, pull up a chair, tell me about yourselves. How long have y'all been gaming? What's up with your usernames? What's in your pockets right now, huh?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

First off, welcome to IW!
As for your questions:
1) I've been gaming since Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, way back when.
2) I've been asking myself that alot recently lol.
3) A condum, bits of tape and a pencil (Don't ask).
Anyway, if I knew the welcome anime I would do it here. But I don't, so welcome to the forum anyway.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Xan,

Let me be the first Mod to welcome you to Ironworks.

1. I've been gaming since BG1, then to BG 2, Icewind Dale I & II, now I'm playing Neverwinter nights.

2. My user name is the initials of my last name. if you do a search in the General Forum there is quite a lengthy post on user names

3. Got nothing in my pockets at the moment.

Also I see you have Neverwinter nights. I would like to formally invite you to play on our own NWN server Escape from Undermountain. For instructions on how to play please click the link in my sig.

Once again welcome aboard and if you need anything please ask.

Cheers!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Uh, nice introductory. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well nice meeting you, uh... Can I call you Jenny? [img]smile.gif[/img] Or Mambo... yes... my name for you is Mambo! *shakes hand* Nice to meet you Mrs. Mambo! I am... The Mighty SomeGuy, ruler of Penguins and destroyed of polar bears! My deeds are known throughout the lands by many. I am the great Penguin King, but others know me as SG, or PK, or Snugglebottom, but you can't call me that, evar. Only one person calls me that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And no, I didn't join the Interplay forums. Ironworks is my second home. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I'm pretty much into the games you listed and FPS! (Explosions, gore, big ass guns, what's not to like?) and in my pocket... uh.. lint. Welcome to Ironworks. Here, have a cookie. *gives cookie* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

PS: Your sig's too large. Just letting you know.

[ 12-23-2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
Xan the Enchanter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought it might be. XD Making a new sigbanner up right now.

YAY PHOTOSHOP! Sneeeeeerk.

o.0
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
Sir Degrader

SomeGuy: If you check HER profile you'l realize it's a woman , just a head's up, most women I call men usually beat me up (or chase me around, I don't hit women) lol. Anyway, SomeGuy has a point Xan, your sig is a wee bit oversized.
Edit- Sorry didn't see your second post.

[ 12-23-2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Old 12-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #7
Maj
Drow Warrior

Hey Xan and welcome! [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I had introduced myself when I first joined... Don't worry about calling yourself after a character... my email and website go to show what I think about that.

I've played many of those games too. And for info. on usernames click here.

My pockets? I don't keep stuff in my pockets, it could fall out!

[ 12-23-2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Maj ]
Old 12-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #8
Xan the Enchanter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's an understandable mistake. ^.^ My namesake is male.

And at Interplay Forums I gave up on correcting people. :3
Old 12-23-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
SomeGuy: If you check HER profile you'l realize it's a woman , just a head's up, most women I call men usually beat me up (or chase me around, I don't hit women) lol. Anyway, SomeGuy has a point Xan, your sig is a wee bit oversized.
Edit- Sorry didn't see your second post.
*points at his post* I have no clue what you're talking about... <.< >.> I don't see anything that says I called her a man up there, and besides, do you think I really look at people's profiles? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #10
Sir Degrader

Excellent point, I have no clue what I'm talking about either for that matter. Ah well, the effects of fine liqueur (read: a twelve pack of warm beer) are truly discombobulatingly stupendous!