Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2001, 12:44 PM   #181
Lord Shield

Poor sods. Lord Raptor is an EVIL chicken avenger. Poor, poor sods! And that's not counting what Wah would do to enslave attempts on him - Arch-liches are touchy like that

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-14-2001, 02:44 PM   #182
Grinch
The Magister

While the party drops anchor for the night ,Ash goes fishing and pulls in about a dozen large catfish. They are filleted,breaded in beer batter and are crispy and delicious and enjoyed by all. Skye watches Ash curiously as he sprinkles some odd looking sauce on his filets,he appears to enjoy the effect very much.
"Hey Undead Head,pass the sauce" Skye demands. Ash politely hands over the sauce and watches as she pours some on her fillets. Not until she takes her first bite does he speak.
"Milady elf, you have my sincerest admiration. Not all have developed the taste and tolerance for the fabled sauce of Habeneros." As Skye's tongue bursts into flames and her eyes bug from her head, the Paladin smiles and returns to his meal.

OOC: Appreciate the bandinage, I'm sick as a dog right now with impacted wisdom teeth and a respiratory infection,so this has been much needed amusement...

------------------
Grinch
Old 07-14-2001, 03:10 PM   #183
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: I see.. I guess I'll have to do this myself..
IC: As Rhazor shifts to the next room, he almost stumbles into a pit that seems to fall for eternity. He stands on one end of a narrow passage, at the other end is the door that heads into the next room, but there is nothing in between for him to cross over. Rhazor checks the ceilings, "Nothing but cobwebs.." He then checks the wall, and a switch catches his eye. *What could that be there for?* he says to himself. He turns to the wall, a rips off one of the vines sprouting out of the cracks. He turns to the other wall and pulls out another. He ties them together. *Hope this works..* He holds the vines over his head, and begins to spin them around, then he launches them towards the switch. No luck.. It takes him a few more tries before he finally gets it, and when it is pulled, the floor of the pit catches fire. *Why would they have a switch there, that did that?* Rhazor leans over the side to catch a glimpse of the pit below him. Scurrying around are a few Goblin archers. Suddenly, a gate below him opens up, and a huge Naga slithers out. Any goblins still alive, are eaten alive. Rhazor turns his head at this disturbing scene. Suddenly, he gets an idea. He checks the walls. Cracks can be found all over..

As Rhazor puts his foot down on the other end, he sighs in relief. He jumps down, and puts his two scimtars away. He leans against the wall, and takes a look what is in the next room. Pillars upon pillars surrounding a set of stairs. *That is a little too easy..* A rat making its way by catches Rhazor's eye. He grabs it, and walks into the next room. He sets the rat down so it is headed towards the stairs. A few feet from where Rhazor released it, flames jet out and take the rat's life. *Fire traps..* He looks at the floor, nothing distinguishable about them, no way of knowing what sets off the traps and what doesn't.
Old 07-14-2001, 04:50 PM   #184
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Now, now, Grinch, don't tell me you're holding a grudge? lol. ^_~* Actually, Skye rather likes hot sauce, especially those chinese peppers... forget the name right now, but she won a contest eating them. ^_^* I'll play along though.
IC-"Alright! Enough is enough!" Skye screams (after drinking half the river.lol)She stomps up to Ash. "What is your problem?! Is your attitude always this much against elves, blondes, girls, etc, or do you just enjoy torturing me?" Skye pauses for a moment, as another thought popped into her head. "Or, are you just acting like aguy, and trying to get my attention? (ouch. She hits low. ^_~* heheh) Because, just so you know, I'm not that kind of girl!" She finishes off, shoving the paladin headlong into the river, where he gets stuck in the mud, due to the heavy weight of his armor. "And you can STAY there until you rust, or appologize!!!" And with that, Skye flounced off, to go hide in a corner and sulk/pout.
OOC- never, NEVER cross a girl's path when she's pissed. unless you have a death wish... or are very insync with girls' emotions. ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-14-2001, 05:05 PM   #185
Nanobyte

OOC: And all this started to happen as soon as I left
IC: Rhazor takes an estimate. There is about 15 feet between him and the beginning of the stairs. After testing with another rat, he also comes to the conclusion that the fire jets out in less than 3 seconds. Not enough time to run across. *I could run and tumble* he thinks to himself. The thought hits him, *Oh, what good is a Blade that can't spin?* He backs up, does a running leap, and spins in the air. He flies about 7 feet, then as soon as he lands he jumps back into the air for another offensive spin. Another 4 feet. He does this one last time to make it safely to the staircase. *Phew, I thought I was toast a minute there..*

Rhazor makes his way down the stairs. The rooms are dark, filled with an evening's dew. In front of him, about 30 feet, through a doorway, is a bright light. It looks to be in the shape of a figure. Rhazor makes his way towards the luminating figure.

OOC: This is it! Hope you are ready for my return, cuz I'm coming back REAL soon!
IC:
Old 07-14-2001, 05:25 PM   #186
Tancred
White Dragon

It is dark. It's always dark, down here. Tancred looks to the sky - to the roof of the city cavern - but the light he yearns for is not there.
"YOU! Male! Get your filthy head down!"
There is a crack of a whip, somewhere. Another scar. The young squire barely feels it any more. Always the chains, the slave train. The stench of blood and sweat is all around him, and those who were once his companions and masters surround him.
He can barely remember naught else but the battle. The taste of the ash of the village is still in his throat. The screams are still in his ears. The guilt of faliure is wrapped around his throat.
The Drow were victorious. Were their raids merely bait, to attract slaves, soldiers? Seventeen Knights of the Order of the Fiery Heart and fifty-seven of their squires and men-at-arms went to protect Ashvale and Tancred did not know how many of those were here, chained and slaved.
THere was a sudden commotion up ahead. A drow slaver had been knocked to his feet, and a slave was battering him to the ground with his bare head. There was a terrible crunch, as the Drow's nose splintered and went into his brain; and then suddenly the slave was up.
Tancred recognised the man. Sir Edraic of Trademeet, it was. An old veteran, his face contorted not with fear but of anger. The others cheered as he began searching the body of the Drow for keys, but as he rose with unchained hands shrieking words could be heard. The slavemistress was casting a spell. Edraic ran at her, but he got merely a few steps before he was covered in strands of sticky web. He struggled, but he could not resist as other slavemasters carried his writhing body to the slavemistress.
The drow drew sword, and stood to bar passage to the slavemistress. others kept their whips handy. The slavemistress drew a thin, viciously serrated dagger, and grinned as the struggling knight was brought to a small outcrop of rock - a makeshift sacrificial slab. She stood behind him, toying with the dagger he held.
"You think of escape," said the mistress. "Witness the price of escape..."
The screams of Edraic seemed to echo to the roof of the cavern beyond, and went on, it seemed, forever...

"No... no... No! NO!"
Tancred sat up, horror written upon his features. He looked about him, into the darkness, thrashing about wildl - but then the feel of the boat, the rushing of the water... he remembered where he was, and breathed easily. The dream faded. Tancred desperately tried to remember it, but as always it slipped through his mind and away with the night.
There WAS a strange sound, though. A squelching, and a cry for help. The cavalier got to his feet, and groggily wandered over to the ship's side.
"Um... could you give me a hand?"
Tancred beheld Ash, a fellow paladin, trapped... trapped? Why should that seem so horrible? Stuck in mud. The cavalier found his way overboard, and began to try and get his compatriot out of the mud.
Pulling seemed to do no good; a rope seemed to work, attached to the boat. Ash pulls against the mud, and eventually he works himself free. He collects his greaves, bids Tancred tnaks, and scurries off lest Skye return in wrath.
Tancred sighs, wondering where on earth the party picked THOSE two up. He shakes his head, and chuckles to himself. Getting back on the boat, he finds his blanket and settles down to rest once more.
"Good night Karna - oh, no."
Tancred sorrowfully looks at his sword, and slowly drifts into sleep once more.

It is dark. It's always dark, down here. Tancred looks to the sky - to the roof of the city cavern - but the light he yearns for is not there.
"YOU! Male! Get your filthy head down!"
There is a crack of a whip, somewhere. Another scar. The young squire barely feels it any more...

Old 07-14-2001, 05:52 PM   #187
Nanobyte

Rhazor steps in front of the luminescent figure. He begins to speak, and the figure quiets him. "Do not speak, young Blade, for I know why you are here. You seek the power that every lord of Evermeet must one day accept. I am here to give it to you. My name is Rozahr, the Ancient Oracle." Rhazor begins to speak again, but the Oracle quiets him once more. "I have many things that you will need. To begin with, stand up so I may have a look at you." Rhazor does as the Oracle asks. "Ah, you have fine features. But what you have grown up to be will not help you. Stories long ago told of Wood Elves that would stalk the Woods of Evermeet. They would hunt down evil, and extinguish their tainted flame. You my young Elf, must be one with those Elves. I give you the power of the Stalker. You will know nothing of being a Blade, but know everything of your new call of a Stalker. With that, I give you this bow. It is called Dragukar, meaning Dragonkin. Use this to help your friends with their quest. I also give you this arrow, an Arrow of Slaying. You have one chance with this, if you miss, then you and your friends may be doomed. Lastly I must tell you that you are cursed." Rhazor looks up to the Oracle, "but how can I be cursed? I don't feel anything. What of this curse, Oracle?" The Ancient Once continues his speech, "Your curse is a very rare one amongst Elvenkind. You are infected with Lycanthropy. You have no control over this, but I have the power to grant you this. Do you wish to possess the power of the Werebeast within you?" Rhazor thinks for a moment. "Yes, Oracle." With that said, the Oracle raises his hands, and what looks like glistening snow falls onto Rhazor. "Lastly, I shall teleport you to your friends, for they are very close to finding the Dragon which they seek. Close your eyes young Rhazor." Rhazor slowly closes his eyes, and a bright light fills the darkness which he sees.

Tancred feels a sudden wave hit the boat, almost pushing the boat over. He sits up to see that the waves have parted, and through the middle comes an elf. Silver hair, built like a man, and a bow to his side.

OOC: OK, lemme update everyone. Rhazor is a Wood Elf (the only way he can become a Stalker), a Stalker, has grown in size, silver hair, has the power to morph into the hybrid form of his curse, and has a legendary weapon, Dragukar. He may seem godlike, LS, but he still has many weaknesses.
IC:
Old 07-14-2001, 06:59 PM   #188
Lord Shield

Ash and Skyecontinue arguing at each other and a huge figure looms behind them and picks both of them up by the necks - Slaughter Margin!

The two of them struggle and the great half-orc plops them down again. "More squabbling and I eat paladin for dinner!" - the huge berserker followed later on horseback. He gets on the horse and rides on the riverbank alongside the boats

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #189
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Skye, who was starting to get REALLY tired of sulking and pouting in her corner, was still stubbornly refusing to move until Ash came and appologized. She yelled a little at Tancred, when she spotted him helping Ash out of the water, but she quickly went back to her moody silence. Everyone avoided her, because of her curse, and the state she was in at the moment. She merely grunted at Rhazor's change in appearance, even though she could sense the drastic rise in power he had about him, in his aura. 'I'm going to stay here until I get an appology, or until someone is nice enough to cheer me up.' Skye thought to herself, stubbornly, fighting against the other part of her mind who told her to just give it up. 'I won't, I won't, I won't!' Skye thought to herself, over and over and over and over and over and... (I think you get the idea. lol ^_^; Skye was probably in for a looooong wait.....
OOC- Heheh, go ahead and eat the paladin, slaughter margin, but unfortunately, Skye is not that cruel. We're done with the squabbling, Ash is just avoiding SKye like the plague, and Skye is pouting and sulking in a corner til someone cheers her up or til Ash appologizes (and it better be heartfelt!!!!!) ^_~*

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!

[This message has been edited by Skydracgrrl (edited 07-14-2001).]
Old 07-14-2001, 07:19 PM   #190
Nanobyte

Rhazor walks over to the tree where Sky sits, and rests himself down next to her. "So tell me, what is the matter?" Being gone for so long, Rhazor needs a little update as to what has happened.
OOC: Oh, did any of you catch the Oracle's name? Rozahr? Rhazor? You will find the power within..
IC: