Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Default About that Gael Serran Library

I'm probably a fool, but when I tried to follow links in the Great Gael Serran Library thread they sent me to a page saying "this forum is now closed..." etc. So how can I read the AARs listed in the Library thread?

-- Mal
Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: About that Gael Serran Library

There was some changes done to the forums so I don't know if everything survived.

It looks like Stackman's Adventure has gotten lost, but the others that I checked (and I didn't check them all) seem to be working.

Bungleau's story in the "Library" can be read here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32259
Old 09-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
Malthaussen
Manshoon

There is a workaround: searching for "Stackman" in the forum got me all the posts of the story. Duh, feel free to call me an idiot. There are a lot of links that don't work in the stickies since the change, though.

Ah, well. It's kind of amazing that this forum has been around in some form or other for 20-odd years. I bet there are members who weren't even born when it was started.

-- Mal
Old 09-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Glad you were able to find things using search! Didn't occur to me to do that.

It's rather nice that this forum is still here even though the activity level is low. Now that W&W is available on GOG maybe it will pick up a bit.

I've forgotten so much given how long it has been since I played. I did download the game from GOG, but I'm trying to concentrate on my work so I haven't done more than pop it up once to see how it looked.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
Malthaussen
Manshoon

I was reading some of my old posts -- since I only have about 150, it's easy -- and W&W is what brought me to Ironworks lo these many years ago. Remember the "Bumble Thread?"

I lost two HDD while playing W&W back when. I'm tempting Fate to start again, but I'm doing it on a cheap laptop I bought in a pawn shop, so no tears if it kills another disk.

-- Mal
Old 09-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Happy Laughing Re: About that Gael Serran Library

Wow! That's quite a record losing two HDD!!
Hope your cheap laptop survives!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote