Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe, ok, hate to give up so fast but after 18 try's to kill all 4 of those swamp guys w/out losing a life, but is there a strategy i'm missing here? what is the best way to take those clowns out? the armorplate spell seems to do nothing, my party is all level 2, are we too weak? and if so, can we come back and finish them off later, or do i need to reload a save? thx all..
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

Welcome to the forum!
daiSho, do you mean four Scabban's evil apprentices? If so, then I'd say the second level is not high enough to kill them. You can come to them again later, after gaining a couple of levels.
But I'm not saying that it is impossible to kill them with a weak party, it's only very difficult. Try to get them down one by one (just RUN after they've appeared) with long-ranged spells. Cast spell and step back or aside, avoiding their attack, then do it again and again. Mana potions are helpful.

Good luck,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 09:35 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Flamedrop and Elemental Blast work well against them. 2nd level Fire spell, and 3rd level Stone spell.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:06 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, daiSho!!!

You can always come back to a quest or set of monsters that are too difficult late. There are no "deadlines" in the game!
Build your characters up a bit and try them again when you are stronger!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote