Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Choc Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

I have an infection in my back tooth, its looks fine, and no visible cavity around the cap, but above the gum-line its swollen and painful as HELL. If this infection gets into my bloodstream they say I could die. All from a TOOTH infection?

We're REALLY hurting this Month because of my right arm being in a cast, and cannot work. (in an cast, AND a damn tooth infection??!? whats next, a meteor hitting me?)

Almost can' take this anymore... just sucks. If anyone can help out, it will help. The bill they said to look at it and to check it out is $100. If we pay that, we have no food for 2 weeks. (Donna gets paid monthly).

Thanks guys, it means SO much. just having a really bad time of it. (Like many others I'm sure!!)

Dan

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/donate.shtml

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

The immune system can usually cope with infected teeth just fine, despite the scare stories you hear. Dying from a tooth infection rare, usually other complications ensue. Not unheard of but uncommon. It's called Sepsis when the infection goes into the blood. Look at it this way, all those homeless people running around with rotten and infected teeth and they're still okay. I mean, of course you need to go asap due to pain, but people have infections when they cannot get to a dentist and they get by for awhile. Just don't scare yourself unnecessarily.

In contrast, Lord of Alcohol is in real trouble with that finger of his.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Thumbs Up Re: Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

I have been in the position of not being certain how the bills are going to get paid or, at worst, not knowing how we will buy food until the next paycheck. Oh, the wonderful good old days of life with Belle...how I don't miss them. *laugh*

Anyway...done. That should now be one less worry off your plate.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Holy crap! Thank you SO MUCH Azred! You rock!!!! Sorry this was so short notice... I guess they missed something under the cap before applying it. ugh... just the worst pain.

On a lighter note, my scaphoid bone in my wrist is 40% healed! So I can actually get busy with the update to IWs, drawing, 3D Modeling work, etc... house chores... I have a nice long list.

Again, thanks a lot!!!

Dan

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

You are very welcome. The phrase I always use is "I do what I can".

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Glad Azred could help you out, Ziroc. I had a tooth infection once that was horrible. The pain started out of nowhere at 8:00pm and got worse and worst by the HOUR. By 2:00pm I just wanted to die rather than feel the pounding pain anymore. Of course it happened on the weekend where all the dentists were closed, but the emergency room gave me antibiotics and pain killers. The antibiotics took the pain away really fast too, man the relief!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Clove oil will help ALOT for a toothache i've found. It's a natural anesthetic and actually cleans the infection too. Far better than Ambesol or those other OTC meds. You can usually get it at a pharmacy for around $5-$6. I had a real bad tootache before and the clove oil stopped it completely after a few hours. Still had to get it extracted, but the pain was completely gone come Monday when I strolled into the dentist.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
I have an infection in my back tooth, its looks fine, and no visible cavity around the cap, but above the gum-line its swollen and painful as HELL. If this infection gets into my bloodstream they say I could die. All from a TOOTH infection?

We're REALLY hurting this Month because of my right arm being in a cast, and cannot work. (in an cast, AND a damn tooth infection??!? whats next, a meteor hitting me?)

Almost can' take this anymore... just sucks. If anyone can help out, it will help. The bill they said to look at it and to check it out is $100. If we pay that, we have no food for 2 weeks. (Donna gets paid monthly).

Thanks guys, it means SO much. just having a really bad time of it. (Like many others I'm sure!!)

Dan

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/donate.shtml
Seriously? Now you are just flat-out asking members to help pay your personal expenses? At least you're no longer claiming it is for the IW bill.

I've had 7 major surgeries due to my Chron's disease, two of which were emergency surgeries. In 1997, my entire colon ruptured and I had peritonitis running rampantly in my abdomen. According to the surgeon, I should have died within 72 hours because the infection should have entered my bloodstream and spread throughout my body. Only by the Grace of God did that not happen. In 2008, I did become septic after my last surgery and went into a 3-day coma. I recovered (obviously), but only after spending 4 weeks in the ICU and two more in a regular room. The hospital bill alone for that visit was $250,000. That didn't include the bills from all the doctors that attended me, the pathologist that read my labs and the radiologist bill. All told, I was sending checks to 17 different doctor's or facilities for that one hospital stay. I also was out of work for 2.5 years recovering from that.

THIS year, I worked 3 part-time jobs (including weekends), meaning that I often worked 3-4 weeks straight without a day off. Unfortunately, my teaching job was "non-renewed" due to budget cuts, so I am currently unemployed once again. I've also been having trouble with my Chron's for the first time since 2008. Since the first week of April, I've been in the hospital twice (for a week each time) and gone to the ER 3 times. I've been taking antibiotics for a continuing infection since Memorial Day Weekend. The medicine is wearing me down. This past week, there have been days when I didn't even have enough energy to leave the house.

Since I don't have a job with group insurance, I had to buy my own. I pay $295/month for a "catastrophic" insurance policy. This policy has a very high deductible - $5,000 to be exact. That means the first $5k of medical expenses are 100% MINE. After that, the insurance pays 100%. Needless to say, I've already met that easily this year.

Now my doctor wants me to start on a new medication that costs $2,000 per dose! The insurance will cover it, until January 1st. Then the deductible kicks in again and I will have to pay for the first $5,000 worth of shots again.

That doesn't include my ostomy supplies. Since I had my entire colon removed, my ostomy is permanent. I have to buy pouches, wafers, gloves and other supplies on a regular basis. This runs roughly $100 every other month.

And you're claiming an infected tooth is a life-or-death situation?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

If Ziroc wants to ask for help, he surely has the right to do so, especially on his own forum. This place has been around for a long time, free of charge and without banner ads. Ziroc has also spent time, money and effort maintaining this place, which we all have benefitted from. Many of us are also friends as well, and sometimes friends ask eachother for help from time to time. If you do not like it, that of course is your opinion, but you could keep it to yourself. No need to be rude and post about something that doesn't affect you at all, and do it while you are visiting and posting in his "house" quite often.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ironworks Forum Re: Need emergency help -- $100 -- having medical issues.

Well, but going with that analogy, do we really ask our houseguests for money when they drop by? If I did that in my own home, nobody would ever drop by. This is different than phoning a personal friend to see if he can foot me a small loan. Just sayin'. *handsup*