Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-26-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Kitten torched in Sydney's west
Date: 25/01/05

A kitten was doused with petrol and set on fire the day after two teenagers were charged over the torture of another kitten at a Sydney railway station.
RSPCA chief inspector Don Robinson said the 10-week-old kitten was found cowering under a house in Mount Druitt, in Sydney's west, with second degree burns to 30 per cent of its body.
Despite treatment, it had only a 50-50 chance of surviving, he said.
"A witness has told us they saw two male youths on Saturday night pour petrol on the cat and set it alight," he said.
Mr Robinson said he was keeping the exact location and time of the attack secret while the RSPCA and police worked to identify the attackers.
The kitten, named William after Braveheart's William Wallace, had probably been hiding under the house since the attack.
William is being kept at the same animal shelter as Shelley, the kitten tortured at Seven Hills railway station, also in Sydney's west, on Saturday, January 15.
Three boys were caught on closed circuit TV (CCTV) stoning, stomping on and twice running over an eight-week-old kitten with a bicycle around 2.30am (AEDT), police said.
The stray - later named Shelley after the police officer who rescued and later adopted her - was kicked onto the train line after being brutalised and left for dead.
Shelley suffered a broken leg and internal injuries.

Two teenagers, aged 15 and 18, are due to appear in court next month charged with aggravated cruelty. They face a maximum $22,000 fine and/or two years in jail if convicted.
A third teenager, also aged 15, escaped charge but will get counselling.
Meanwhile, in Victoria, police are questioning four teenagers over the abuse of a cat in Shepparton on Saturday night.
The three-month-old cat suffered a broken pelvis and internal bleeding when it was kicked, swung by the tail and thrown to the ground.
Police believed the attack could have been an attempt to copy the torture of Shelley a week earlier.

Source: www.smh.com.au
If I ever saw this kind of stuff happening I'd have kicked the crap out of them. How could you do this to such a tiny, defenceless animal????

Old 01-26-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't find this so hard to believe. The licence to inflict pain/humiliation/social restriction is a vital part of our society, it signifies authority and amalgamates our complex hierarchies. You yourself claim that would have 'kicked the crap out of them' for doing something you disagree with, Mario. Such would be an expression of your power over them, should you have been successful in doing so.
I know nothing of the case, but I would imagine that these lads have 'hierarchy' issues. Torturing these kittens probably made them feel powerful. Maybe they themselves are quite weak and 'authorityless' in human society, and so resort to inflicting pain on smaller creatures that won't fight back to vent some of their frustrations in being low on their own species' pecking order...

Or maybe I'm full of shit and just wanking on about nothing....

[ 01-26-2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 01-26-2005, 02:47 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It is abhorrent. If I ever see anyone doing this, I too would beat them to an inch from their life. If someone hurt Choc, I would kill them. Deadly serious. I would kill them.

I consider animals as important a lifeform as humans. No one should harm any.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-26-2005, 02:52 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
I don't find this so hard to believe. The licence to inflict pain/humiliation/social restriction is a vital part of our society, it signifies authority and amalgamates our complex hierarchies. You yourself claim that would have 'kicked the crap out of them' for doing something you disagree with, Mario. Such would be an expression of your power over them, should you have been successful in doing so.
I know nothing of the case, but I would imagine that these lads have 'hierarchy' issues. Torturing these kittens probably made them feel powerful. Maybe they themselves are quite weak and 'authorityless' in human society, and so resort to inflicting pain on smaller creatures that won't fight back to vent some of their frustrations in being low on their own species' pecking order...

Or maybe I'm full of shit and just wanking on about nothing....
G'day Heiro. You've been on this "strong can bully the weak" trip for a while now, haven't you? And yes I would kick the crap out of them.

[ 01-26-2005, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 01-26-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
The Hierophant

No, I've been on the 'the strong do bully the weak, and the really smart ones will call it 'righteousness' and 'justice' and convince the weak that it's in their best interests to accept their bullying' trip for a while now

And I'm not implying that you're wrong for wanting to kick the crap out of them. Hell, I'd join you in doing so [img]smile.gif[/img] But not because of any flimsy, subjective sense of moral superiority, but because that's the way we want the world to be (ie: that the bottom-feeders of human society are not allowed to take their frustration out on cute, cuddly, fuzzy-wuzzy widdle kitty cats ), and we'd make it so by the age-old technique of physical force [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 01-26-2005, 02:57 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

People are bastards. Especially kids.

I would wholeheartedly beat the shit out these two individuals if I ever met them.

They can stick their "hierarchy issues" if they have any.

Sicko's.

[ 01-26-2005, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 01-26-2005, 03:00 AM   #7
The Hierophant

Heh heh. No posts as yet to refute that violence is ever the law of the land
Old 01-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Do you know what the sad thing is?

I don't think it would bother me as much if they had set a person on fire.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:05 AM   #9
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Do you know what the sad thing is?

I don't think it would bother me as much if they had set a person on fire.
Why do you find that sad?

ps: sorry Memnoch, I don't mean to derail your thread. But we're touching on one of the few topics that actually hold my attention these days (the origin and nature of human social structures) and I'm really getting into this...

[ 01-26-2005, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 01-26-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Heh heh. No posts as yet to refute that violence is ever the law of the land
Sometime's it's just too appropiate.

I can't see jail reformatting their brains into the train of thought that makes them think that maybe, just maybe stompin' on said kitten was morally wrong, personally I'd say an ass-whupping would.