Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #31
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Nerull I still have memories sitting watching that Superbowl with my friends. We couldn't believe how uptight the Eagles were playing. It sure wasn't the team we watched during the regular season. Bill Bergey, the middle linebacker at the time, said just yesterday how Dick Vermeil had them uptight and that he wished he had fun during that time.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #32
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
Nerull I still have memories sitting watching that Superbowl with my friends. We couldn't believe how uptight the Eagles were playing. It sure wasn't the team we watched during the regular season. Bill Bergey, the middle linebacker at the time, said just yesterday how Dick Vermeil had them uptight and that he wished he had fun during that time.
Yep...I just hope they are not as uptight THIS time around...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #33
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

So do you think Terrel Owens should play even though the doctors haven't given him clearance?

I was watching a debate on a sports show yesterday and one of the guys said that - even when T.O. was healthy in San Francisco - he consistently came up short in the big games. He was great in the regular season, but he had a tendency to choke in the post-season.

A poll in Philadelphia showed that over half of the fans there felt he should NOT come back unless the ankle is 100% (or very close to it). They felt he would hurt the team instead of help it. They have done well without him so far and putting him now might just create a big distraction for the rest of the team.

I understand that T.O. wants to be on the field for his first SuperBowl, but he could end up tearing his ankle apart and missing a big portion (if not all) of next season too. Plus, I have always felt that Terrel was a glory-hound who cares more about his personal stats than he does the team, but that's just me.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #34
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

gee cerek, 34 years since 1980? sorry i'm an eagles fan as well haveing been born in 1980, i'm not 34! lol.

go eagles! i felt bad for my dad, he's a jets fan, but what i feel worse about is that they moved the superbowl. would have been on his (and justi's) birthday this year. last time it was her first birthday (his 45th.) we had a blizzard that day. oh well.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #35
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
So do you think Terrel Owens should play even though the doctors haven't given him clearance?
Play? Yes, but in limited capacity. When you have an injured QB, sometimes they end up on the roster as the 2nd or 3rd QB. Do the same with T.O.; make him the 3rd wideout (behind Pinkston and Mitchell), and let him get out on the field on 3 and 4 wideout sets. Otherwise he rides pine.

The reason I say to play him: Chad Lewis. Injured and out, and he was one of the guys that really stepped up in the passing game this year. Hell, they had to call up a guy that has been out of football for 2 years to shore up the tight end spot with Lewis going down. They need warm bodies to catch the ball.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #36
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Regarding the TO situation...

I agree with you Cerek that he is going to be a distraction... for the Patriots. The Eagles will not be distracted with him returning because he has been a distraction the whole season, and it does not seem like it because the team is feeding off his energy. [img]smile.gif[/img] By putting TO in- like what the Vikes did with Moss earlier in the season- would screw with Crennel's head for at least a bit I hope.

Missing most of next season would not really matter to TO as long as he wins the Superbowl with the Eagles this season. You never know when you are coming back... unless you are New England.