Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #21
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The Falcons/Eagles was an exciting game to watch. Great defense shown by the Eagles and well, the Falcons are younger, and next year will be on of the elite teams to beat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was disappointed with the Steelers though... wow what an ugly end regarding their season. I mean come on, Pats are injury depleted and the have better defense than the Colts had! Their offense was lame, and their defense played like rookies. I turned it off before haltime when the score was 24-3, and I knew that the Steelers did not have it in them to come back.

I am all Eagles in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 AM   #22
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I said to one of my friends who is a Steelers fan that I thought Rothlesberger (sp?) was playing too much like the inexperienced rookie that he is. If it wasn't for the Jets' woeful kicker they would have played NE instead of the Steelers. Roth almost single handedly gave it away last week. And if you look at his statistics he had 17 TDs and 11 Ints for the regular season. Not exactly great. Still he is going to be a very good quarterback in the years to come. Pittsburg will bounce back.

As for the Eagles, well they certainly came to play. And the defense virtually shutdown Vick and the running game. Should be an interesting Superbowl.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 AM   #23
Nerull
Lord Ao

Yes, I thought that the Steelers would give the Pats a better game, too. The Pats did a good job of shutting down the run, and forcing the ball into the rookie's hands to pull out the game.

I'm definitely behind Philly in the Super Bowl, but after watching the Patriots destroy Pittsburgh, I'm a little nervous about the upcoming game.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-24-2005, 06:52 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Since we're talking about football... I was wondering how many of you play football/flag football?? I am in need of good shoes, would soccer shoes do? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #25
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yes, soccer shoes will do just fine. I've played flag football quite a bit and if you get a decent pair you'll make all the cuts you'll ever need.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #26
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

flag football, play tackle where u can actually put the kleats to good use.
As for the super bowl, even though i dont like them il hav to go with the pats. Brady and new england dont lose in the post season.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:59 AM   #27
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

My hat is off to both of the winning teams. The Eagles simply dominated the Falcons. It was simply a matter of the more experienced team winning. BOTH teams shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion. Atlanta held Philly to a 3-and-out series, only to have a stupid penalty give Philly the ball back and an automatic first down. Philly went on to score their first touchdown in the game. I think it would have been a HUGE momentum shift if Atlanta had NOT committed that foul and gotten the ball back. They would have had decent field position and another chance to put more points on the board. Instead, Philly got their first touchdown and gained a big boost to their morale. Of course, Philly also committed some stupid fouls later in the game that led to Atlanta scores, but it was too little too late.

As for the Patriots and Steelers, I really wanted Pittsburgh to win. But New England showed exactly why they've won the last two SuperBowls. They were unbelievable.

As for the Big Game itself, the Eagles are my sentimental favorite. It's been 34 years (IIRC) since they were in the SuperBowl last time - and as far as I know - they have never won (they lost to the Oakland Raiders in 1980). So I would like to see them win this year...but after watching the Patriots Sunday night, I just don't know if the Eagles can pull it off or not. The odds certainly aren't in their favor.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Balintherlas, I will be playing Free Safety. I am the defensive captain of team and I idolize Brian Dawkins hehehe Just sharing

Cerek, I agree with you because the Brady has not lost a postseason game. I just hope McNabb makes more history by winning the Super Bowl All I know is that the Eagles will not be as lame as the Steelers and not as immature as the Falcons

In Reid I trust
Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #29
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
As for the Big Game itself, the Eagles are my sentimental favorite. It's been 34 years (IIRC) since they were in the SuperBowl last time - and as far as I know - they have never won (they lost to the Oakland Raiders in 1980).
You are correct. They have never won the Super Bowl (I watched that game against the Raiders, and was so ticked when the Raiders manhandled the Eagles that game [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #30
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Well atleast the eagles hav been to a superbowl. It has NEVER come through cleveland, alls we can say is "look how many championships we've won", its ridiculus.