Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #11
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I think it will be Falcons, patriots. I mean the patriots embarassed superman Peyton Manning last week, in his MVP year, and Rothlesberger looked shaky at best last week. I think either way it is going to be a total snow bowl, so whoever makes their running game work better is going to come away with it. The same goes for the Eagles vs. Falcons game, but I think the Falcon obviously have a much stronger rushing attack. My picks though are Falcons Pats in the Superbowl With New England taking it.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #12
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I dont like new england, but no self respecting browns fan would root for the steelers. Plus when tom brady's on, theres no stopping them, not too mention coery dillion tearing it up last sunday. The nfc's a different story, i like both teams and their both good, im gonna hav to go with philly cus of their d, i mean vick wont run for a 100 yards against them. itl be cool to see how michael jenkins steps up though.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
Hey, Nerull, how did you become an Eagles fan all the way down in San Antonia, Texas?
I live in San Antonio now, but moved here when I was 16. I'm originally from Trenton, N.J., which is so close to Philly that they were essentially our local stations (so we would get Philadelphia news, etc.). So I grew up with the Eagles on TV. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok, now I'm really ticked off. I was really looking forward to the games today, but then Time Warner Cable had to just tick me off. They did some "work" on the local area and ended up pretty much knocking out my cable. We called them, and they stated that they will not fix it until January 31st. I can't even get the local stations, and the reception where I live is so bad that I can't tune them with a regular antenna. So I'm stuck going to a bar to watch the damn games! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #14
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I live just a little over 100 miles north of Atlanta. Just like Nerull with the Eagles, that basically makes the Falcons our "home" team. I would really like to see Atlanta get to the SuperBowl for the first time and I will naturally be rooting for them if they do.

On the other side, I like the Steelers. I still remember the Iron Curtain defense from the 70's and how dominant they used to be with Bradshaw at QB, Franco as the running back, and Swan and Stalworth as the recievers. Man, those were the days.

I like Bill Cowher and would like to see him finally get the credit he is due also. So my personal choice would be to see the Steelers vs Falcons in the SuperBowl and I wouldn't really care won. Although I have to admit that an all-PA SuperBowl would be interesting to watch too.

[ 01-23-2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Cerek ]
Old 01-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #15
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Whoever wins the Pats/Steelers game will win the Superbowl.

There's your little krunchy prediction. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm a Jets fan, so I'm rooting for who beat my team: The Pittsburgh Steelers.

BTW, both of these games are going to be great. I hope they didn't clean up the fields too much, I love watching football in the snow!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #16
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well Krunchyfrog, just to give you a little interesting piece of information I just learned yesterday, Lincoln Financial Field where the Eagles play has a tarp that keeps the field at a balmy 70 degrees!

And Nerull that is a bummer.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

i agree with krunchyfrogg, i think itl be an afc superbowl.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #18
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

The eagles are the NFC championship, falcons couldnt get their running game started.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #19
Nerull
Lord Ao

Eagles did a fantastic job defensively against the Falcons. Every time Vick bootlegged, there was an Eagle defender staring him in the face. In fact, other than a few good runs, the Eagles pretty much shut down the Falcons. I guess that old adage about defense winning championships is all too true.

Now let's see about the Pats and Steelers.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #20
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Steelers suffer meltdown. News at 11!