Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 09:42 PM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

No 250, we're all in this together. It's not just Americans. This will effect everybody. It's about the free world. You're standing there with us buddy.

don't get me wrong, I love American as people OF ALL COLOR! they represent not only a diversity but an IDEA, a VISION!

I've never seen people showing so much compassion, caring, and concerns about others' well-being. it is just so wonderful! and that is why USA is one of the world's leading nation! (hey, no political debate here!)

and of course, I am with ya!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 09:45 PM   #22
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
I was listening to the radio on the way back from work today. I heard the entire Congress singing God Bless America in front of the Capitol Building with their arms joined. A spokesman said that today there are no republicans or democrats, only Americans, and they all stand behind the president. Just imagine, 100 congressmen holding hands singing! Seriously, it almost brought tears to my eyes. We do have something to fight for.

It did bring tears to my eyes. As with any family we scrap amounst ourselves, but when we need too, we come together.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-11-2001, 11:43 PM   #23
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
I was listening to the radio on the way back from work today. I heard the entire Congress singing God Bless America in front of the Capitol Building with their arms joined. A spokesman said that today there are no republicans or democrats, only Americans, and they all stand behind the president. Just imagine, 100 congressmen holding hands singing! Seriously, it almost brought tears to my eyes. We do have something to fight for.

I missed that. But I totally agree with that sentiment. I dont believe in God, but Bless America!!!
Old 09-11-2001, 11:58 PM   #24
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I know other Americans here in Singapore who started playing the Star Spangled Banner..
Who is to gain? We may never know the motivations or the impact this has on the world, but one thing for sure is that the people who did this must believe very much in their cause..what kind of groups, nations or people could inspire such blind suicidal devotion?
We will never know what people gain in the end, but we WILL know the people who gained out of it! Count on that!

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-12-2001, 01:31 AM   #25
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Am I the only one who likes Bush here?

I cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong with him. Even if he isnt a great speaker (Actually I didnt see anything wrong with the spech) neither was our 'last one' .

He has soo much more morals then Cilton. Sure you can bring up his 'wild college days'. But 95% of college students are wild.

AND atleast he didnt do all the wild stuff IN THE WHITE HOUSE. That insulted all of america. It set the tone for america that we are a bunch of indecent idoits.

If you ganna be president, have some morals.

Now, lets see who all will argue with me on this one..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-12-2001, 01:42 AM   #26
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Grand-Ranger! I'm rather impressed with Bush right now. He seems to be doing a good job of handling this.

If we go to war with Afghanistan, chances are, all of our allies will join in, basically meaning all of NATO. I don't think Afghanistan could really stand up to a determined assault by that kind of force.

Personally, right now I think war with Afghanistan is VERY likely. Our whole stance and Bush's speech basically made that very clear. He said "...and those who harbor them." Well, that kind of points directly at Afghanistan and Bin Laden. I'm not absolutely sure what I think of who did this at this point though. I really don't want to guess without any hard evidence supporting it.

-Jafin

------------------

The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo
Old 09-12-2001, 01:47 AM   #27
Erekose
The Magister

A terrorists aim is to inspire terror, to disrupt peoples lives. This is something Western nations have not had to deal with directly for a number of years. The methods employed are similar to those of a certain middle eastern terrorist organisation whom is sheltered by a certain Islamic government. Despite the methods used in suicide bombing these people are not stupid, quite often they are university educated individuals who believe in what they are doing to be the right thing, or indoctrinated into believing in such. My most heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those who have been victims in this horrific event and hope those guilty of such crimes against humanity are held accountable.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:48 AM   #28
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Am I the only one who likes Bush here?

I cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong with him. Even if he isnt a great speaker (Actually I didnt see anything wrong with the spech) neither was our 'last one' .

He has soo much more morals then Cilton. Sure you can bring up his 'wild college days'. But 95% of college students are wild.

AND atleast he didnt do all the wild stuff IN THE WHITE HOUSE. That insulted all of america. It set the tone for america that we are a bunch of indecent idoits.

If you ganna be president, have some morals.

Now, lets see who all will argue with me on this one..

No GR, you're not the only one. I've been in a couple of knock downs over it today. So FWIW...I'm with you.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:57 AM   #29
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I am an avid supporter of our president. i stand behind him all the way. he is the best that can be done in this unprecidented situation.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 09-12-2001, 04:01 AM   #30
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Have we got proof that it was Afghanistan? And even if it is, there are thousands (heck, millions) of innocent people in Afghanistan, people who had nothing at all to do with this. Blame the government if you want, but don't blame the entire population of the country!

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe