Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:31 PM   #41
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

It's very callous and shows a blatant disregard for human life. I understand that their people have suffered greatly but that is no excuse to delight in the deaths of other innocent people. It's a vindictive mentality and is one of the reasons why I believe that the Middle East crisis will never be resolved by peace. Just think of how much hate you have to be carrying to be able to celebrate deaths of innocents.

That being said, I don't think that should be an excuse to start bashing Palestinians/Arabs in the streets, because that would solve nothing and would just make you give in to the hate. Don't give in to Sarevok! Don't feed the infernal wrath!

That is very true.
It could very well have been an American.
No matter who it turns out is responsible though wee must all remember not to hate the nation for the actions of some of it's people.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:31 PM   #42
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Excuse my language but it appears like the shit is going to hit the fanes across the world.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:33 PM   #43
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I work in a building where we share the space with First Union.
First Union have gone home, by direction of their superiors in Charlotte.
We have the buliding to ourselves.
Hmmm....

What is the First Union and were they gone all day or were they there when all of this started initailly?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:34 PM   #44
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
There really was a car bomb??

on the news it was said it was just a rumor sorry
Old 09-11-2001, 01:35 PM   #45
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Speaking as a combat vet (and as you all know, I don't mention that often) and a former member of the Special Forces, I am outraged by this attack. The frustration, sadness, anger and outright rage I feel is threatening to overwhelm me. Thousands of people dead, many thousands more injured, and all for what? So some millionaire psychopath can make a point?!?!?! Believe me, whomever is resonsible for this has made the worst possible mistake in the history of bad mistakes. You now have the undivided attention of the entire United States of America. You are in deep sh*t now, buddy.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to swear, but this is the most mind numbing thing I've ever experienced in my life and I feel that I must pass along my feelings to you all as I have come to accept you as my sort of extended family. This day will be remembered forever. God bless the victims and families.

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #46
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
whew...finally, my mother got word from my dad. he's still in D.C., dealing with a car bomb that went off near the courthouse. he could only speak for a few moments, but told my mother that D.C. appears as if it's a war zone.

Glad to hear that you finally heard from your mom (and Dad). I heard about that car bomb on the radio on my way home, but it was at that time unconfirmed. I've been hearing also about another plane that went down earlier. My mother said she heard on the news that it went down and an "undisclosed" area, which makes you wonder why so secret? Then a friend of mine just told me that this plane was flying in the air above the Potomac that would not identify itself, and the military shot it down into the Potomac. So far I have not heard personally myself any confirmation on either of these "rumors". Keeping an eye out on the news on that.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:41 PM   #47
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
on the news it was said it was just a rumor sorry
it's not a rumor.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 01:41 PM   #48
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Excuse my language but it appears like the shit is going to hit the fanes across the world.

no $#it Sherlock

Old 09-11-2001, 01:45 PM   #49
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Speaking as a combat vet (and as you all know, I don't mention that often) and a former member of the Special Forces, I am outraged by this attack. The frustration, sadness, anger and outright rage I feel is threatening to overwhelm me. Thousands of people dead, many thousands more injured, and all for what? So some millionaire psychopath can make a point?!?!?! Believe me, whomever is resonsible for this has made the worst possible mistake in the history of bad mistakes. You now have the undivided attention of the entire United States of America. You are in deep sh*t now, buddy.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to swear, but this is the most mind numbing thing I've ever experienced in my life and I feel that I must pass along my feelings to you all as I have come to accept you as my sort of extended family. This day will be remembered forever. God bless the victims and families.

Hey K-Dog, good to see you back, unfortunate circumstances though...
Like you, I am overcome with disgust and a strong desire for revenge. I hope that this all plays out with a minimal loss of life, more innocents dying would only further the tragedy. The guilty, on the other hand, deserve whatever they get.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:45 PM   #50
Vampire

Let's hope we can find a corner to escape the US backlash.