Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #31
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Here's another thought. All anti-gun people take note. If an armed terrorist were in your midst, would you or would you not prefer to have armed and proficient people to help defend you? The only person you can rely on 100% for your safety is yourself.

Here's another little something to think about. Guns can be snuck onto planes fairly easily by those who truly want to. It's just not possible to have the level of scrutiny necessary to catch those who have planned a hijacking carefully. The level of security required to catch all hijackers would make flying impossible. A disassembled pistol can be snuck in by two people with the parts hidden in otherwise inconspicuous X-ray masking items. Especially with the polymer parts on most weapons now. The world is just not as safe as we beleive sometimes. I've often wondered if armed guards hidden on planes would reduce terrorism?
Old 09-11-2001, 01:20 PM   #32
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
Wish me luck, I'm going to try and get home!!

Best of Luck to you.
I hope you remain safe.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 01:22 PM   #33
trux

whew...finally, my mother got word from my dad. he's still in D.C., dealing with a car bomb that went off near the courthouse. he could only speak for a few moments, but told my mother that D.C. appears as if it's a war zone.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #34
Vampire

There really was a car bomb??

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:24 PM   #35
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
To disable the nerve centers of our greatest financial (WTC) and military (pentagon) structures gives terrorists "points" toward disabling the country. They obviously (from taking a look at the original WTC bombing and Oklhoma City) don't care about human lives, esp those that they connect with giving this country financial and military power.
I hate to say this but it was a smart move on their part, for what they do. It was wrong for pentagon security to be looking the other way (esp if the air around the pentagon is in fact, closed air space) when it happened.
But, as far as NYC goes, what could be done to stop it? Nothing...if the buildings were smaller, the destruction would be more widespread.
It is terrible that so many tens of thousands of people had to suffer but our government has known for many years, the hatred from other countries as well as some of our own citizens against the way this country is run and held so high as a great nation when it is bent on the destruction of the ground that supports it in its efforts to become even greater. No one has done anything to disable terrorists...we even have treaties preventing us from executing them.
Something like this was bound to happen.

someone had the money, the time, the connections, and the determination to pull this off...
as I said before, a very careful thought-out plan.... hmmmm
Old 09-11-2001, 01:25 PM   #36
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
There really was a car bomb??

yes. outside the state department.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 01:27 PM   #37
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

someone had the money, the time, the connections, and the determination to pull this off...
as I said before, a very careful thought-out plan.... hmmmm
That is what scares me the most Adam that is what scares me the most.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:28 PM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Saw on the news a bunch of Palistanians partying. It sickens me that they see this loss of life as an excuse to party.

It's very callous and shows a blatant disregard for human life. I understand that their people have suffered greatly but that is no excuse to delight in the deaths of other innocent people. It's a vindictive mentality and is one of the reasons why I believe that the Middle East crisis will never be resolved by peace. Just think of how much hate you have to be carrying to be able to celebrate deaths of innocents.

That being said, I don't think that should be an excuse to start bashing Palestinians/Arabs in the streets, because that would solve nothing and would just make you give in to the hate. Don't give in to Sarevok! Don't feed the infernal wrath!

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:29 PM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I work in a building where we share the space with First Union.
First Union have gone home, by direction of their superiors in Charlotte.
We have the buliding to ourselves.
Hmmm....

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #40
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Just watched the presidents speach in my office a minuite ago, and he said "The United States will hunt down and punish the cowards who perpetrated this attack..."

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB