Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:11 PM   #21
Vampire

I shoot my hand up quickly: "I do"
Old 09-11-2001, 01:11 PM   #22
Blade
Emerald Dragon

WOW i just looked at the number of people on 23 registered users and 13 guests.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:14 PM   #23
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wish me luck, I'm going to try and get home!!

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:15 PM   #24
Blade
Emerald Dragon

WOW The leader of China offered his condolances to the injured and to there family members.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:16 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

And at this time, too. If anyone had told me yesterday that today one of the most horrible and despicable terrorist acts in the whole of history would happen, tens of thousands of people would be dead, the WTC would no longer be standing, I wouldn't have believed it. I still can't believe it. Nooo.... This is madness! Utter madness! This was planned so well and still I cannot imagine WHY somebody would do this!

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 01:16 PM   #26
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Why would anyone do a thing like this? Why would you hijack a plane and send it crashing into the World Trade center. If you have a problem with the american government. Deal with the american government. Don't kill innocent people. This was organized, the terrorists had to be planning this for a long time. Think about it, how in the world did a plane get to the Pentagon. That is closed air space. I feel for anyone's family who lives in New York, or was riding one of those planes. This is terrible.

To disable the nerve centers of our greatest financial (WTC) and military (pentagon) structures gives terrorists "points" toward disabling the country. They obviously (from taking a look at the original WTC bombing and Oklhoma City) don't care about human lives, esp those that they connect with giving this country financial and military power.
I hate to say this but it was a smart move on their part, for what they do. It was wrong for pentagon security to be looking the other way (esp if the air around the pentagon is in fact, closed air space) when it happened.
But, as far as NYC goes, what could be done to stop it? Nothing...if the buildings were smaller, the destruction would be more widespread.
It is terrible that so many tens of thousands of people had to suffer but our government has known for many years, the hatred from other countries as well as some of our own citizens against the way this country is run and held so high as a great nation when it is bent on the destruction of the ground that supports it in its efforts to become even greater. No one has done anything to disable terrorists...we even have treaties preventing us from executing them.
Something like this was bound to happen.

Here is Georgie's opportunity to show what a "strong" leader he is. Is it a coincidence that he just happened to be in FL when it all happened? Look at what his daddy did to gain notoriety for himself with Desert Storm. Who knows, but it is obvious, our lives matter none, not just to the terrorists but by "some of our leaders" as well.

Pray for the world on this day. We are all going to need it.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 01:17 PM   #27
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
WOW i just looked at the number of people on 23 registered users and 13 guests.

and?
Old 09-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #28
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

What a sad day for America. This is unbelievable. I am so shaken up that it seems like some kind of nighmare. What a tragic, tragic day in American history.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #29
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Trux, yes all government employees have been sent home, and many other businesses that are nearby as well. They are still fighting the fires in the Pentagon. I haven't heard anything specific yet about policemen, but I can imagine they are very busy, as many highways and roads into D.C. have been shut down. I pray for your family Trux, I hope that they are all OK, just unavailable right now as they are probably stuck in traffic. Not to mention most cellphones are not working in the D.C. area because of overuse.

LadyZekke, thanks for the kind words. I just spoke with my mother who managed to make it home, so that's one load off my mind. now i guess i just sit and wait to here from my brother, father and friends.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #30
Blade
Emerald Dragon

As to why, In all the medeling the US has done in the middle-east and the sourounding area do you not believe we would have gained some enimies? Also terrorist attackes is one of the only ways to attack the US.

------------------

An Archmage of the HADB