Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 02:26 PM   #51
MagiK

Diogenes there is a shred of evidence that it was a middle eastern group responsible, around 9:45am EST it was announced here IN DC on channel 7 that a group called something like the "people front for palistinian liberation" had announced that they were responsible....I don't believe them but that owuld be a "shred of evidence"

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:27 PM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
The middle east *is* responsible for this. There is too much evidence against them. Doing something like this is what gets them to heaven in their religion. That is one thing we don't even need to debate.
Let me take my mod hat off for a sec.

OK, let me go out on a limb here and play devil's advocate, to show you why I think that statements like what you posted above are inflammatory and lead to misinformation and feelings of hatred and resentment towards groups which may be innocent. Don't take any offence, this is a purely hypothetical statement which shows you how easily conclusions can be drawn using sketchy data.

Hypothetically speaking, why couldn't it have been the Israelis? Don't they have the most to gain from the US getting inflamed against the Palestinians/Arabs? They have the command and control experience to manage this type of operation. They have the means to funding. Mossad has a close working relationship with the US Military and Intelligence.

Why couldn't they have done it? This would put the US firmly in their camp and would help the US to understand "how they feel" living with terrorism on a daily basis.

Now I have no proof at all of the above. I don't think the Israelis did it either. I made it all up!! to show you that nothing is certain in this situation until investigative work is completed and facts can be drawn.

To advocate attacking a particular group because we "think" they did is is lunacy.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 02:31 PM   #53
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Diogenes there is a shred of evidence that it was a middle eastern group responsible, around 9:45am EST it was announced here IN DC on channel 7 that a group called something like the "people front for palistinian liberation" had announced that they were responsible....I don't believe them but that owuld be a "shred of evidence"

Im not disagreeing with you...but what usually happens when some terrorist activity occurs...every organization under the sun claims responsibility.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:33 PM   #54
DEADMAN
Manshoon

The US is hurt, angry, and confused. However as noted when we do calm down, were still going to want blood.Sadly too many people are trying to jump to conclusions on who is at fault. If a country is involved, it probably will lead to war, I dont think the nation as whole will accept anything less. If it's a organization acting on thier own, we will hunt them down, and they will not find sanctuary in any land. People always underestimate what the US can do, because of our responses in the past, they always forget what happens when we act as a nation and the resources we can bring to bear. Vengence is never a solution, but sometimes it's the only thing that will satisfy.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:35 PM   #55
Sorcerer Alex

I am merely commenting that the evidence seems to be against certain middle-eastern countries. This could include any country: Israel, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc. I am unbiased in this matter and will gladly take my words back if proven wrong, but as it stands I feel I do have a valid point.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #56
DEADMAN
Manshoon

One point of intrest, american fighters are now flying cap over our own soil, something we have never done, and I hope for thier sanity that there are no more hijacked planes. Because I dont know if I can pull the trigger on a plane full of innocent people.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:03 PM   #57
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by DEADMAN:
The US is hurt, angry, and confused. However as noted when we do calm down, were still going to want blood.Sadly too many people are trying to jump to conclusions on who is at fault. If a country is involved, it probably will lead to war, I dont think the nation as whole will accept anything less. If it's a organization acting on thier own, we will hunt them down, and they will not find sanctuary in any land. People always underestimate what the US can do, because of our responses in the past, they always forget what happens when we act as a nation and the resources we can bring to bear. Vengence is never a solution, but sometimes it's the only thing that will satisfy.
Never spoken with you before my friend, and it's my pleasure. I completely agree with your statement. Good to see someone else from so cal as there are surprisingly few of us here.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:14 PM   #58
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I am merely commenting that the evidence seems to be against certain middle-eastern countries. This could include any country: Israel, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc. I am unbiased in this matter and will gladly take my words back if proven wrong, but as it stands I feel I do have a valid point.
What evidence, Alex? You have no evidence, only the suspicion of motive. That was the exact same situation that existed after the Oklahoma City bombing, and people immediately pointed fingers at the Arabs for the same reason as you are doing now.

Magik, some lunatic phoning in that the Palestinians were behind it is NOT credible evidence. As was pointed out above, after almost any terrorist attack, all kinds of loonies try to take credit for it. That isn't real proof, just another indication that there are persons of questionable sanity running loose in the world.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:15 PM   #59
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

The U.S. has no reason to declare war!!! War has allready been declared on us!!

------------------

TD..TD...
Old 09-11-2001, 03:46 PM   #60
Sorcerer Alex

Diogenes, if you could see the situation now in the middle east you would agree with me. The palastinians are cheering on the streets and having parties all over the place. These plane crashes are to do with America's alliance with Israel. Since Israel's new president has taken over, he's been getting Israel into all sorts of crap with other countries. And because the US is an ally of Israel, the Palastinians want to destroy it too, while the US is supposed to stick up for the jews. The US can't not support Israel on this, because most of America's powerful people are jews. Same situation in Ireland with the IRA. If these crashes are not because of middle-eastern countries I'd like to hear someone come up something better.