Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:32 PM   #11
skywalker
Banned User

You really must be aware that this is probably not the end. For a terrorist group to do this and stop is unlikely. I'm not sure if the USA is the only target. It is probably likely, I think the United States is the most hated country in the world.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 12:36 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is NOT a declaration of war. It's a cowardly act of terrorism against innocent, defenseless people.

Also, best not to lay blame on Arab/Islamic/Israeli whoever until there is confirmation. That's how hate starts.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:36 PM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Kaz, you dont know that war with another country will lead to WW3.
How else will America show that it will not be put under siege from another nation? Has there ever been such a direct attack on American soil? There has never been destruction on this scale and magnitude on the USA by another country!
I say go to war, mobilise the fleets and pound whichever nation or group that backed this attack into Middle Eastern dust!

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-11-2001, 12:39 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

Well Pearl Harbour was the only thing that comes close to this and that led to our entry into WWII.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 12:41 PM   #15
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Kaz, you dont know that war with another country will lead to WW3.
How else will America show that it will not be put under siege from another nation? Has there ever been such a direct attack on American soil? There has never been destruction on this scale and magnitude on the USA by another country!
I say go to war, mobilise the fleets and pound whichever nation or group that backed this attack into Middle Eastern dust!

I say get a grip on yourself.

Would it be too much to ask to wait until we know who is responsible before we start talking about war?

Old 09-11-2001, 12:42 PM   #16
MagiK

There is no need for war. I am as hawkish as the next guy and I happen to have more insight into some aspects of this whole deal than most of the rest of the general population. There will be retribution, that is almost assured. But the PLO would be slitting it's own throat if they were backing this. Yasir Arafat has already denied that the PLO was involved and has expressed his condolences and his sorrow to the US.......It was one of the smartest things he could have done. No political body is going to want to be in any way associated with this. The US taking retaliatory actions won't be starting world war 3....sheesh, don't be so affraid to defend yourself. But don't go off half cocked either... know your target before you spray lead.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 12:45 PM   #17
Sorcerer Alex

Everyone I talk to is convinced that war is going to break out. They are also extremely angry that anything like this can happen. This doesn't mean I agree with them, but when I think about it, people *will* be very angry once they have dealt with the initial shock. Everyone will be pointing fingers and Bush will be under pressure to retaliate on whoever's done this. Bush isn't exactly the most sane president I've seen, and so who knows what he'll do? America won't take this lightly, that's for sure, and soon people will be wanting revenge.

------------------
http://go.to/alex-p Take a look at my site!

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This is NOT a declaration of war. It's a cowardly act of terrorism against innocent, defenseless people.

Also, best not to lay blame on Arab/Islamic/Israeli whoever until there is confirmation. That's how hate starts.

Absolutely, Memnoch. I have already stated this in the other thread as well. Please do NOT use rumors and speculation to form hate-based opinions on, and please, try NOT to aim them at any one group. There may well be members of IW who are of Arabic or Middle Eastern descent, or who follow the Islamic / Muslim creed, who are good people and do NOT deserve to be targeted thusly.

Please, let's keep to the facts as much as we can. I realize a lot has to be projection and supposition, but check the hate-based emotion at the door, ok? Thanks.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:54 PM   #19
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Absolutely, Memnoch. I have already stated this in the other thread as well. Please do NOT use rumors and speculation to form hate-based opinions on, and please, try NOT to aim them at any one group. There may well be members of IW who are of Arabic or Middle Eastern descent, or who follow the Islamic / Muslim creed, who are good people and do NOT deserve to be targeted thusly.

Please, let's keep to the facts as much as we can. I realize a lot has to be projection and supposition, but check the hate-based emotion at the door, ok? Thanks.

Yes, I agree one thousand percent. The last thing that needs to happen is for some bigoted yahoos to start taking it out on innocents.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:56 PM   #20
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I just heard that some some reserve troops are being called up in my area i don't like the sounds like this.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB