Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 11:15 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Do any of you guys have any good remedies for sstress and feeling lonly, and being the odd person out at most times?
Please; I have noone elso to turn to, other than people who I don't even know, but I trust you dudes.
Life is hard when you're a dragon.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 03-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Run. Its what I do when I'm stressed, especially long distance. Set yourself a distance that you KNOW you can do, and run. I find it helps, though it may not be for everyone
Old 03-11-2003, 11:36 AM   #3
Masklinn

...or walk.
Whenever I am in that ste of mind I go walking on the streets to places i never visited before.
When the weather is cool, I sit on a bench and watch ppl and pigeons come and go, I find that very relaxing. I usually do that in front of Notre-Dame.
Yeah, I'm in Paris, that might help a little...
Old 03-11-2003, 11:42 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Dragonshadow, I'm sorry you feel like that mate.

Do you have any hobbies you particularly enjoy that you can throw yourself into? I used to like making and painting model aeroplanes, that could occupy me for hours. Or teach yourself to play a musical instrument?

Or if there's something you like doing, try to join a club, group or class so you can meet up with people with similar interests? That's a good basis for starting friendships, if you already have something in common. I don't know, something like a gym, a music class, an art class, chess club, whatever it is that takes your fancy you can bet there is something you can get involved in that's fun and where you can meet new friends.

And you won't be the 'odd one out' forever - whatever your interests there will be people out there who share similar interests, and that you have something in common with. It's just a case of finding places where you can get to know them.

Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
MagiK

I think Horatio has it right here...Run, get outside and be active. Staying indoors and isolated is the worst thing you can do. The more active you are the less stress and lonelyness you will feel. Exercise is good for you in so very many ways. It is why I love hiking (I can't run but can walk all day long).

Old 03-12-2003, 05:27 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hey, cheers guys.
You made me feel so much better.
Prob. is, there is nowhere to go where I live other than to a muddy rec, but I'll try and get out more.
thanks again

Old 03-12-2003, 06:29 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
Do any of you guys have any good remedies for sstress and feeling lonly, and being the odd person out at most times?
Please; I have noone elso to turn to, other than people who I don't even know, but I trust you dudes.
Life is hard when you're a dragon.
Get enough sleep but don't oversleep. Exercise and work off all that nervous energy. Get your blood circulating.

Whenever I get stressed, I think back to a great saying that I live by:
"Give me the serenity to accept that which I CANNOT change,
The courage to change that which I CAN,
And the wisdom to know the DIFFERENCE."

Hope this helps. And we're always here for you, mate. Unconditional love is the greatest gift that one person can give to another, and that's what we give to each other here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2003, 07:08 AM   #8
Irongrinder

Just sitting down watchting a movie helps for me, because when I watch a movie my mind goes blank except for going to the toilet and getting drinks and food
Old 03-12-2003, 08:26 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I never get enough sleep.
Maybe that's it.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:25 AM   #10
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i don't know how old you are, but i think just about every "age" goes through this. it will pass and the best thing to do to help through it is keep busy as everyone keeps saying. one thing i have not read being suggested is reading! when i was lonely growing up all i needed was a good book! or a few since i tend to read at every spare moment. not much money to buy with? go to the library or look for paperback trades when you can buy for less and even trade in old books for store credit.

also my husband suggests gaming but that would be the same as looking for a club with a common interest.