Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 02:03 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lucre:
Don't you people get required NPC's just to get your strongholds?

If you mean like using Valgar to get the Planar Sphere, look at it this way. I go to Umar Hills, let him join the 'party', then go post-haste to the Planar Sphere and open the door, after which I kick him out.

No Xp got shared, no fights, nothing, nada. It is like treating Valgar like he is a key.

If you insist on being a soloing purist, you can always kill Valgar and take his body along instead.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:58 AM   #12
DaFirm19_Inch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

true,...u can breeze through the game soloing, but u miss most of the quest...
also, u need to choose wisely, cause within the actual game all u really need is the skill of a fighter and thief and magic from a mage, i think that druids and clerics are pretty useless anyway,,..
Old 11-15-2001, 06:13 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DaFirm19_Inch:
true,...u can breeze through the game soloing, but u miss most of the quest...
also, u need to choose wisely, cause within the actual game all u really need is the skill of a fighter and thief and magic from a mage, i think that druids and clerics are pretty useless anyway,,..

Miss what? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have already played with a party many times already, I am now soloing for the challenge.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:23 PM   #14
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

If you insist on being a soloing purist, you can always kill Valgar and take his body along instead.

Sorry Valygar. [img]graemlins/tombstone.gif[/img] *Well, I did tell the Wizard I'd kill him*
Old 11-19-2001, 12:33 AM   #15
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

As was previously stated I was soloing with a jester, which I was not really enjoying so much... I quit that and per a prior post decided to solo as an assassin. Now I am a human in this game and was thinking of dualing him into a mage. Let's just say its pretty tough when a lich castes protection from magical weapons on himself, naturally immune to normal weapons, you can't dispell it, you can't hide in shadows or backstab, because he has already seen you, So basically your can't touch him for like 4 rounds, and your trapped in the room with him. what do you do? Well basically you die, then you reload, then you die, then you reload, then you die, then you reload,then you. . . . you get the idea. Eventually you find something that works, and you know what to do in that type of situation from then on. Without the ability to cast spells, or as a theif, "hold your own in combat", you get pretty screwed when there's a magic user present. So by playing an assassin solo, you know what you gain from that? Basically the ability to play a theif better. Instead of charging in arrows, swords, and spells blazing, you sneak in all clandestine and backstab the lich for 7 times the normal damage amount, which kills him instantly. This opens the door to the room, you sneak out hide in the shadows, and kill his minions one by one, backstabbing and running away, hiding and backstabing again. pretty difficult to get around something like dispelling spells late in the game, but its just something I'm going to have to learn to deal with, because theres no way I'm dualing him into a mage. In a pretty strange nutshell, thats what soloing is about.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:03 PM   #16
Sean
Dungeon Master

You're all mad in the heed!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2001, 07:55 PM   #17
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

of course, you COULD get the cloak of non-detection, and buy ALL of the invisibility potions you can find. then use them later in the game.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century