Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 05:42 PM   #401
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL Cloudy! You forgot to turn the stove on? I have ummm never done that before in my life. Nope, not me. Never did the same thing with a beef roast nope not me. *grin* Well you'll be hungrier in an hour and appreciate how good it is even more. Plus devour like a barbarian too. Damn the silverware! Who needs that shit! Who need napkins either! Thats what shirts are for! Yes, anthropological regression at its very best!
Old 03-27-2001, 05:45 PM   #402
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
LOL Cloudy! You forgot to turn the stove on? I have ummm never done that before in my life. Nope, not me. Never did the same thing with a beef roast nope not me. *grin* Well you'll be hungrier in an hour and appreciate how good it is even more. Plus devour like a barbarian too. Damn the silverware! Who needs that shit! Who need napkins either! Thats what shirts are for! Yes, anthropological regression at its very best!

I remember a particular Thanksgiving that me mum forgot about the turkey... checked it and it was still white... now why didn't it cook? Oops, forgot about the pilot light!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 03-27-2001, 05:45 PM   #403
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Greetings LadyChareon, its two for tuesday and have a double shot of tequilla to help you catch up!
Old 03-27-2001, 05:47 PM   #404
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LoA. Now we all know that you have been moonlighting as a well. . . how can I put this delicately. . . a "lady of the night?"

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-27-2001, 05:51 PM   #405
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
It's nice to meet you, too.

More about my job, huh? Well, technically we do all the support for the hard drives. This means helping people with physically installing the drive, getting it ready for the operating system, etc.

However, my job is a lot more than that. I spend most of time working with, testing, researching and writing presentations on almost all of the different kinds of hardware (FireWire, USB, hard drives, etc.), as well as making sure I know as much as I can about the different kind of operating systems, etc. I have to stay on top of the latest and greatest of both hardware and sofware, so that I can make sure that the techs are trained.

Truthfully, I get paid to mess around on the computer all day, and produce training material. It's a lot of fun, when I'm not having to play political games with the higher-ups in the company.

Keeping asking for more info, I don't want to bore you or anyone...
I'm rarely bored with other people! Just when left on my own ...then I talk to myself (giggle)... Besides, I'm fascinated! I'd love to have a job playing with computers ALL the time. I'm the 'first line of defense' for computer trouble in my office but it's one of a zillion things I do (can we say, take the music out and you have a bard working in an academic dept office?!). Basically, if it's software, I tackle it. Hardware, I run begging for help from the tech support guys. Usually I get the "how come it won't print" problem which is answered with "turn the printer on", or "well, it helps if you click 'print'"...sigh...

So do tell me more! If anyone else is bored, we can go to a new thread or email! LOL...I'm versatile...hehehe
Cloudy
-CloudofaThousand Names
-Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
-CloudKitten, Grand High Priestess of the Clan of the Kat (see the BG2 forum, Bruce the Aussie's Posts!)
-Harbinger of the White Skies
-Romancer of the Mists
-Memny's StormQueen of the Ironworks
-StormCloud of the Black Knight
and a zillion others still in my bag of holding!
Old 03-27-2001, 05:52 PM   #406
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Greetings LadyChareon, its two for tuesday and have a double shot of tequilla to help you catch up!
Appreciate that LoA.... goodness knows it looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do to get to that advanced, er, stage....

::::looking at LadyZ with Jerome's donkey...:::::er, what WAS she having, anyway??

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-27-2001, 05:53 PM   #407
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bye, guys got to run.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-27-2001, 05:56 PM   #408
Charean
Hathor

Will definately catch up to you later, Reeka!! Enjoy!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #409
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Hey! I use a napkin....my goodness... civilization is not dead here yet...now forks are optional! LOL Beef roast, hmmm? What happened to the Chinese hamburger surprise? LOLOLOL....that sounded most interesting...and different..yes that's the word...different!

Um speaking of shirts and such...another interesting sleep-deprivation event...ever run a load of laundry without putting the laundry in?

WAAAAAHHHHHH! No multi for me tonight...just got the word...sigh...

Will you all stay and play wif me? (big sad puppydog eyes)

Cloudypie
Old 03-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #410
Charean
Hathor

I have some time before I get massage tonight.... besides, one of us has to get LadyZ away from that donkey before she takes it home!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -