Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-27-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Today I decided to go to HOW. I finished the first part of Dorn's Deep, sold off all the useless itmes and figured why not go? I talk to Hjolidor and he agrees to take us. We are transported to HOW but the interface is dulled out and I can't move. I do hear my party complain that they are just standing around. Yet I can't do anything include reload the save game. I have to use taskmanager to even exit the game.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Naked Paladin
Welcomed New User

I don't know how much help this will actually be, but somewhere I read something about all the characters being selected during this transition causes this bug. Try having only one person selected when you talk to him. I don't even really know if my facts are 100% straight but I guess its worth a shot.
Naked Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

I had the same problem, and ditto as per Naked Paladin's advice above.
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

I finally got it to work. I deleted the contents of the cache folder, and reinstalled yet again IWD,HOW,And ToTL. This time out it worked.

[ 10-27-2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Calagari ]
Old 10-28-2004, 01:39 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Calagari,

Aren't you taking a Paladin along in your party? If so...

~

Mild LATE game (NOT end game) spoiler follows

~

~

~

~

~
I recommend that you turn your party back around and schlog them through Lower Dorn's Deep until you find that uber weapon for your Pally. There is nothing in IWD nor the expansions that even comes close to eating this weapon's dust. You're going to kick yourself if your party grunts it out all the way through the 40+ hours of the expansions, and then returns to IWD and gets this gem with less than 10 hours of gameplay before the end.

~

~

~

END Spoiler.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #6
Calagari
Manshoon

I am a half step ahead of you this time. I did the lonelywood area and decided before I went any further to return to Dorns deep and do the lower part of that before doing HOW. It just felt better to me to do so. But thanks for the thoughts and reason for this.

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Calagari,

Aren't you taking a Paladin along in your party? If so...

~

Mild LATE game (NOT end game) spoiler follows

~

~

~

~

~
I recommend that you turn your party back around and schlog them through Lower Dorn's Deep until you find that uber weapon for your Pally. There is nothing in IWD nor the expansions that even comes close to eating this weapon's dust. You're going to kick yourself if your party grunts it out all the way through the 40+ hours of the expansions, and then returns to IWD and gets this gem with less than 10 hours of gameplay before the end.

~

~

~

END Spoiler.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 10-29-2004, 05:03 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

Calagari,

Ah, yes. I was also going to mention that your party might also be a little "under level" and could reap something on the order of 1 million expo in fights and quests by returning. But I figured some folks want a real challenge, and that you might be one of them. Also, I was in a time crunch when typing up the post, so just mentioned the spoiler.

Your party should all level at least once, and should feel a lot more "comfortable" in HoW by virtue of that infusion of XP (not to mention the point in the spoiler).

You are taking the path that I enjoyed the most.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-29-2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 10-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
Calagari
Manshoon

I don't think any of this can be considered Spoiler info.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I have managed to get past the welcoming committee at Dorn's deep Lower area and have moved into the garden area. I have cleared out much of the mine area and am just wandering around to see all that is here. 2 of my people have made level. Reaching a goal of 900,000 takes a bit longer these days.

Added by edit I got that sword item this morning. Now I am on my way to Mr M's Lair.

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Calagari,

Ah, yes. I was also going to mention that your party might also be a little "under level" and could reap something on the order of 1 million expo in fights and quests by returning. But I figured some folks want a real challenge, and that you might be one of them. Also, I was in a time crunch when typing up the post, so just mentioned the spoiler.

Your party should all level at least once, and should feel a lot more "comfortable" in HoW by virtue of that infusion of XP (not to mention the point in the spoiler).

You are taking the path that I enjoyed the most.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
[ 10-30-2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Calagari ]
Old 11-04-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

Calagari,

A little bit of a spoil...

~

~

~

About 400,000 of that 900,000 can be picked up in a quick trip to a location you've already been; but only after you've collected items in (IIRC) Wyrm's Tooth and Lower DD.

~

~

~

END SPOIL.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!